jelly1995
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys- so I've applied for both Mercer and Marsh, for Career analyst and Client advisory, respectively. The forms were basic and simple to fill out.

I had received an email from HR stating video/phone interviews will be handed out from next week so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of these from MMC? I found an old forum on this site where some people were saying Marsh will call you up with a surprise phone interview which must be done on the spot with no opportunity to rearrange- seems harsh and Im not sure if this has been changed by now? Should I be prepping for that?

Thanks!
ferrety_boy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jelly1995)
Hi guys- so I've applied for both Mercer and Marsh, for Career analyst and Client advisory, respectively. The forms were basic and simple to fill out.

I had received an email from HR stating video/phone interviews will be handed out from next week so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of these from MMC? I found an old forum on this site where some people were saying Marsh will call you up with a surprise phone interview which must be done on the spot with no opportunity to rearrange- seems harsh and Im not sure if this has been changed by now? Should I be prepping for that?

Thanks!
I've received a HireVue invite from Marsh and McLennan with a video interview invite for the Mercer Graduate Analyst role. Hope this helps?
JIMBO789
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ferrety_boy)
I've received a HireVue invite from Marsh and McLennan with a video interview invite for the Mercer Graduate Analyst role. Hope this helps?
How did it go? Oh wait it's you again! The guy I DMed about WTW!
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jelly1995)
yes i have just received one for mercer too! cant find any info online about it though
How did you find it? Can help with your other interviews
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
How did it go? Oh wait it's you again! The guy I DMed about WTW!
It was okay - prepare as you would for any other video interview, and it is okay! good luck!
Ultron09
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hope you excelled in the video interview! It's been more than a month that I have applied for Grad role, but no communication, how much time did it take in your case?
Daly198
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi have you heard back yet? Jw what kind of questions came up and how to prepare for them? Thanks!
Last edited by Daly198; 2 years ago
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Daly198)
Hi have you heard back yet? Jw what kind of questions came up and how to prepare for them? Thanks!
I don't remember the specifics, but if you prepare as you would for an interview, it should be fine

Good luck!
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ultron09)
Hope you excelled in the video interview! It's been more than a month that I have applied for Grad role, but no communication, how much time did it take in your case?
It took more than a month to hear back when I received the video interview invite, and I haven't heard anything now, sincerely my interview!
Last edited by ferrety_boy; 2 years ago
MatthewSidneySDG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I have a video interview for the Mercer 2019 Graduate Scheme and was wondering if anyone who has done the interview would be able to tell me are they testing knowledge of Mercer or Marsh and McLennan? I.e. If I was to get asked What do you know about xyz, would xyz be Mercer or Marsh and McLennan?
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MatthewSidneySDG)
Hi,

I have a video interview for the Mercer 2019 Graduate Scheme and was wondering if anyone who has done the interview would be able to tell me are they testing knowledge of Mercer or Marsh and McLennan? I.e. If I was to get asked What do you know about xyz, would xyz be Mercer or Marsh and McLennan?
Yeah a little bit like that
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aee_95)
I got asked to talk about what I know about Marsh and McLennan in the interview (applying for Mercer Career Analyst Grad role). Does anyone know what the next stage in the recruitment process is?
Online tests
aee_95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone been past the online tests stage?
AsianStandard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I would advise you guys to keep on applying for other things because these guys take their sweet time, I applied end of November, invited for video interview on the 13th of December and no response since. Although they did say they will contact me and I wouldn't need to contact them.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AsianStandard)
Well I would advise you guys to keep on applying for other things because these guys take their sweet time, I applied end of November, invited for video interview on the 13th of December and no response since. Although they did say they will contact me and I wouldn't need to contact them.
Was this Mercer only? I applied to them, heard back in like a day or two maximum. Did the VI before Christmas and heard back just after the break
Ultron09
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
Was this Mercer only? I applied to them, heard back in like a day or two maximum. Did the VI before Christmas and heard back just after the break
It's great, can you please provide me with the mail id which I can use for redressal. I haven't heard from them since ages, please share the mail id through which they communicate.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ultron09)
It's great, can you please provide me with the mail id which I can use for redressal. I haven't heard from them since ages, please share the mail id through which they communicate.
Which programme did you apply to? UK&[email protected] is their email address.
m_x97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys so I’ve got an invitation for the hirevue mercer internship interview and I was wondering if they just ask mainly competency questions like why mercer, why this role? Etc.

Also how many questions do they ask?

Thanks
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m_x97)
Hey guys so I’ve got an invitation for the hirevue mercer internship interview and I was wondering if they just ask mainly competency questions like why mercer, why this role? Etc.

Also how many questions do they ask?

Thanks
I don't think it's fair to give details on the video interview, but if you prepare as you would for a face to face interview, you will be fine!
m_x97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think it's fair to give details on the video interview, but if you prepare as you would for a face to face interview, you will be fine!
I’m not asking for specifics just the general idea... if the questions are competency based or not? And also the length as I can see majority here have applied for the graduate roles whereas I’ve applied for the internship roles and I’m not sure if there is any difference in the style of the two.. like if one is longer or not.. that’s all. I’m not asking for details
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (288)
57.72%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (69)
13.83%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (54)
10.82%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.42%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.01%

Watched Threads