What is he wanting?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
There's this guy who I was friends with for ages. We had a thing going for a while but it didn't progress romantically, despite us both wanting to. At the end of this 'thing', because we both confessed we wanted a relationship but were too scared to tell the other, I said that in the future we couldn't just send nudes, we would have to be romantic together too.

Skip forward a few months and he has had a girlfriend in our school. They broke up, but she still acts like they're together. He now is speaking to me none stop, being completely friendly and caring and loving. He also does a thing where he suggests he wants to send nudes, but backs out last minute. I was fairly certain he wanted more this time around, especially how he acts with me now but was going to wait till he basically tells this other girl that they can't have anything else (which, I'm fine with because he's not really trying to get sex out of me, so I'm not angry about this girl being all over him).

However, suddenly he's now going on about how he cares about me as a friend. I'm not sure if it's to reduce drama in school, but nothing else has changed. He also used to do this with the other girl, so it could be him trying to use a 'winning formula'. Either way, I'm not emotionally invested, I would just rather know if I'm honest!
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you don't want anything romantic out of this?

He's now speaking to you none stop, being friendly and caring.

But the other girl he broke up with still acts like they're together.

And know he's on about how he cares about you as a friend.

Maybe you should you up front on his intentions for you?
Anonymous #1
as in ask what his intentions are? that's extremely forward...
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
as in ask what his intentions are? that's extremely forward...
You have a right to know. He's put you in an uncomfortable situation by not making clear to you what kind of a relationship he wants with you. Clear and honest communication is what you want for long-term happiness.
Anonymous #1
I would but in fairness to him, he has pointed out before he is really bad with saying these things, so even if I asked he would be very awkward...
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would but in fairness to him, he has pointed out before he is really bad with saying these things, so even if I asked he would be very awkward...
Just ask the next time he asks for nudes. Sorted.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Do you go to a boys grammar school with mixed sixth form?
Anonymous #1
Do you go to a boys grammar school with mixed sixth form?
No but he went to an all boys school before sixth form
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.85%
No (430)
66.15%

Watched Threads