The Student Room Group

Approaching a girl in college/sixth form

So there's this girl that has caught my eye over the past few weeks in college and I think she's pretty cute.

Sometimes I see her with her friends however sometimes she sits and works on her own in the library.

I would like to approach her and maybe start a conversation with her however I'm not quite sure how to do this. I don't know anything about her, not even her name or whether she's in the same year or year below me. Any advice?

I'm tempted to start with just smiling at her if I can catch her attention around college but she's usually either focussed on work or her friends so it's hard to catch her attention. Then maybe try start a convo with her if I get a smile back. Is this a good idea or not?

Scroll to see replies

Ask her if you can borrow something

Do you even know her name??
Reply 2
Original post by del1rious
Ask her if you can borrow something

Do you even know her name??

No I don't know anything at all. I just think she looks pretty cute that's all.
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this girl that has caught my eye over the past few weeks in college and I think she's pretty cute.

Sometimes I see her with her friends however sometimes she sits and works on her own in the library.

I would like to approach her and maybe start a conversation with her however I'm not quite sure how to do this. I don't know anything about her, not even her name or whether she's in the same year or year below me. Any advice?

I'm tempted to start with just smiling at her if I can catch her attention around college but she's usually either focussed on work or her friends so it's hard to catch her attention. Then maybe try start a convo with her if I get a smile back. Is this a good idea or not?

aw this is cute, if it was me I would try to catch her attention with a smile ... but then I don’t want to be ‘creepy’ ... if you see her studying alone perhaps sit near her in the study room ?
When you see her you could just smile and say hi.

After a couple of times doing this, you could introduce yourself, start conversing, getting to know her better and ask her out if she would like to meet up for a coffee or something.
Original post by Analyst89

After a couple of times doing this, you could introduce yourself, start conversing, getting to know her better and ask her out if she would like to meet up for a coffee or something.

Even though I am not a expert in this I would say that this is great advice. Get to know her but don't see her as a potential girlfriend. Be a friend first
Reply 6
Original post by helpthistudent
aw this is cute, if it was me I would try to catch her attention with a smile ... but then I don’t want to be ‘creepy’ ... if you see her studying alone perhaps sit near her in the study room ?

This is what I'd like to do. She was on her own today but unfortunately I had somewhere to be so couldn't sit near her :/ Seat next to her was free too, I missed out. Obvs I don't want to come across as creepy either, I'll try smiling at her if I can
This is what I'd like to do. She was on her own today but unfortunately I had somewhere to be so couldn't sit near her :/ Seat next to her was free too, I missed out. Obvs I don't want to come across as creepy either, I'll try smiling at her if I can

yess, next time if you don’t have somewhere to be then try and just sit near her.. and subtlety smile
Reply 8
yess, next time if you don’t have somewhere to be then try and just sit near her.. and subtlety smile

Ok I'll try this. Haven't seen her today unfortunately. Thanks for your advice :smile:
Original post by Analyst89

sounds cringey af, lmao
sounds cringey af, lmao

You must have a better idea. Spill then :rolleyes:

I hope to hear some updates from this! whilst I figure out how to approach someone I like haha...
You must have a better idea. Spill then :rolleyes:

asking on TSR for advice on how to stalk a female student, what a lad
Chances are you won't make it if you're asking on here lmao
No I don't know anything at all. I just think she looks pretty cute that's all.

slip her a note as you walk out saying she's cute and add your number on it, then you'll pretty quickly find out if she is into you:wink:
I hope to hear some updates from this! whilst I figure out how to approach someone I like haha...

Try the same as I've been advised :smile: Good luck I wanna know how that goes too
asking on TSR for advice on how to stalk a female student, what a lad

How is it stalking? Still haven't heard your idea come on
What’s she look like?
Lol i want to do the same but I haven’t got the balls
this is literally so cute , coming from a girls point of veiw i have to say , hasnt she showed any interest at all??? or even noticed you? cute that your asking on here thoo, lmao. just dont be too friendly like if you like her just flirt with her , from experience having boys fancy u and then try and be your best mate is very confusing. if you dont wanna tell her u like her then just flirt and see if she flirts back.
you seem nice so good luck trynna get with her , what a ladd.x
people add my snapp bella14.xox

Quick Reply

Latest