What high street clothing shop offers the best quality? Watch

berrycupcake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In your opinion What high street store clothing offers the best quality at fair prices.
Last edited by berrycupcake; 1 year ago
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
New look are pretty good.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by berrycupcake)
In your opinion What high street store clothing offers the best quality at fair prices.
(Original post by katf)
New look are pretty good.
I used to work for NL CS - clothing is alright (women's more than men's), shoes avoid like the plague

The answer is going to be different depending if you're looking at men's rather than women's clothes - men's stuff tends to be harder to find quality stuff at cheaper prices.
katf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I used to work for NL CS - clothing is alright (women's more than men's), shoes avoid like the plague

The answer is going to be different depending if you're looking at men's rather than women's clothes - men's stuff tends to be harder to find quality stuff at cheaper prices.
They do jeans that actually fit me, and they seem to survive constant use for months on end. Plus everything I've bought from them seems to still look good after I've worn it and chucked it in the washing machine a few times. They don't do shoes in my size, so I've never tried them though.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katf)
They do jeans that actually fit me, and they seem to survive constant use for months on end. Plus everything I've bought from them seems to still look good after I've worn it and chucked it in the washing machine a few times. They don't do shoes in my size, so I've never tried them though.
While I don't know about the men's jeans there as I never got any (nor knew anyone who got any themselves), several of my friends/coworkers at NL CS got the women's jeans and found them quite good from what I've heard. Like I said though, clothing wise they're all right, and I got the impression women's stuff was generally quite good (my experience of mens is they were what you were paying for - they didn't last super long but were comfortable and well wearing enough to be worth it).

I mention shoes because this was something that frequently came back to us as complaints/requests for replacement etc. I myself bought a pair or mens casual boots when they gave us some discount codes, and after wearing once or twice a week for 3 months the sole started peeling off one of them

For men's jeans I almost exclusively buy them from ASOS, as they're decently priced and well wearing. Before that I pretty much stuck to the (more) expensive brand name ones, which lasted a good amount of time but had a high upfront cost (and in the case of Levi's, tended to have a "breaking in" period).
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Topshop but they can be a bit pricey
pillowfields
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
topshop and h&m are the only ones i really trust
FurtherMaths2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
zara, from my experience
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could try H&M, new look, river island, Topshop, just to name a few.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I prefer to buy a bit more upmarket these days however if we are talking mass market in every town then i would say that Next and Zara seem to be of a better quality for mens clothes.
emmaoLiivxr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i rlly like h&m, the quality is really good and the prices are good too
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For me Niro Fashion in Peterborough is the best clothing store as it offers various varieties in mens clothing from different brands.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Zara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (169)
61.68%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.01%
No- I want it (74)
27.01%
No- I don't want it (20)
7.3%

Watched Threads