The Student Room Group

A-level choices help!

For my school's sixth form applications need to be in soon, but I'm really struggling with my choices. If I simply chose subjects I enjoyed, my choices would be Biology/Chemistry/Geography/Computer Science. However in the future I would either want to do biomedicine or computer science, and maths would really help for either keep my options open. I'm hoping for an 8 at gcse and my maths teacher thinks I'll be fine at A-level but I'm worried about it.. and I LOVE geography and would be so sad to drop it (i achieved the highest result in mocks) and I heard it's best to still do an essay-based subject... which would mean I give up computing and do just maths but I love computer science so much... and I definitely can't give up bio/chem if I want to do medicine! Tbh I don't love maths, but I don't mind it, so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to give up either geog/computer science. Any advice?
Reply 1
So? Do maths then. It's what you need, not what you want. And learn to condense your writing.

Quick Reply

Latest