The Student Room Group

Unemployed brother just lays in bed all day

He is a 25 year old unemployed graduate and he does nothing. He just continues to live of my parents. Don't know why my parents won't kick the loser out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Or maybe u just didn’t notice/see him searching for jobs?
Reply 2
Original post by Isoshu
Or maybe u just didn’t notice/see him searching for jobs?

How can he do that if he laysin bed all day?
Could very well be depression - have you tried supporting him?
Reply 4
Original post by notkl
He is a 25 year old unemployed graduate and he does nothing. He just continues to live of my parents. Don't know why my parents won't kick the loser out.

Really, this is an issue for your parents to deal with and not you (Although i do understand why you are annoyed).

Perhaps there are things that you are not aware of. It's better not to judge too harshly until you are sure you know the full set of facts.
Reply 5
Original post by notkl
How can he do that if he laysin bed all day?

He could be using his phone to browse online? 😂
am u/e grad too. and can relate. getting a job after grad is hard and its easy to fall into bad habiits with chit all motivation to change. telling ppl to kick him out etc just gotta make things worse for him
Original post by Econmayne

Oh here we go. A slight lack of self-esteem and he needs to be sectioned.

The mindset of a millennial.
Reply 8
Ahhh how I miss those days.
Original post by gjd800
Ahhh how I miss those days.

Absolute bliss innit. But once you've grafted for a time, it is hard to go back to that.
Reply 10
Original post by Notoriety
Absolute bliss innit. But once you've grafted for a time, it is hard to go back to that.

It is and it is. I'm a bit jealous of this person's brother, it has to be said ;laugh:
Original post by SJW-
am u/e grad too. and can relate. getting a job after grad is hard and its easy to fall into bad habiits with chit all motivation to change. telling ppl to kick him out etc just gotta make things worse for him

so you're an unemployed SJW?
Original post by CollectiveSoul
so you're an unemployed SJW?

thats what happens when u study at a liberal arts college and major in 18 C poetry
Original post by SJW-
thats what happens when u study at a liberal arts college and major in 18 C poetry

You're qualifications are perfect to become a job centre adviser.
Reply 14
Original post by notkl

Probably depressed.
Original post by Notoriety
Oh here we go. A slight lack of self-esteem and he needs to be sectioned.

The mindset of a millennial.

and I bet its idiots like you who are the first to always wonder why so many men are committing suicide. probably just do the typical boomer thing and blame either the wife or immigration right? depression is real granddad, just because 'in your day' you just got on with it doesn't mean that it didn't exist, ok?
Original post by RV3112
Really, this is an issue for your parents to deal with and not you (Although i do understand why you are annoyed).

Perhaps there are things that you are not aware of. It's better not to judge too harshly until you are sure you know the full set of facts.

Original post by Econmayne

I dont understand judging your own sibling.
Original post by gjd800
It is and it is. I'm a bit jealous of this person's brother, it has to be said ;laugh:

ha. think op is jealous too.
Original post by Ciel.
Probably depressed.

look at you. being all understanding for once lol.
Original post by MyFightSong
and I bet its idiots like you who are the first to always wonder why so many men are committing suicide. probably just do the typical boomer thing and blame either the wife or immigration right? depression is real granddad, just because 'in your day' you just got on with it doesn't mean that it didn't exist, ok?

Awful lot of straw man here. I am racist and a chauvinist.

And that straw man's lack of energy is no doubt necessarily attributable to his borderline personality disorder, too.

You people for some reason always need to attach a label to everything; and over-diagnose MH issues. OP's brother might be depressed, but you don't know that from a 2-line summary! So calm ya tits.
It's not your concern. Parents are often happy for their adult children to do this, as they'd rather they were at home than working but living miles away. My parents are doing exactly this with my brother (and to be honest, I only moved out when I was 27, too).

It might annoy you, but it doesn't affect you. He's not getting anything out of it in the long term, it's not doing him any favours. Just live your life!
I would be up ending that mattress onto the floor if he were one of my grandsons.

Quick Reply

Latest