The Student Room Group

IB to GSCE grade conversion for graduate scheme applications???

So, I didn't do GCSE's because I went to an international school (in the UK), and I did IB overseas. I'm now at uni in the UK, and every graduate scheme I've tried to apply to asks for Maths and English GCSE or equivalent grades.
I got great maths and English results at the end of 10th grade but they were not official standardised exams. I did okay in IB English HL and good in Maths SL, obviously much more advanced classes than GCSE, but since I assume they want official grades that is what I usually include.
But how am I meant to convert these scores from IB to GSCE in any meaningful way? and then I have to repeat them when filling in my A-level equivalent grades, it feels like it completely obscures the merits of having done the stupid diploma.
should I find my old school report and just put my non-official test results from 10th grade? what do you do? do you contact recruitment to explain/ask when you apply to stuff? is there an agreed upon way to convert these grades? or has everyone done GSCE's but me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending