The Student Room Group

sixth form college interview

Hello,

I have a interview very soon. I was just wondering what kind of questions will come up and how I can prepare.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Why u want to do the alevels u want to do?
Careers in mind
Books You’ve read
Extra curricular activities
How would your teachers describe u in 3 words
How would u describe yourself in 3 words
How would ur friends describe you?
Why you think this sixth form is for you?
Why would you pick them over the others ur applying to?

That kind of stuff
Don’t go exactly based off of this. This was just my experience and yours might be similar or completely different depending on the kind of school ur applying to
Depends; if it's subject-based, as was mine few years back, refresh your GCSE knowledge, go over some basic concepts in A-Level program, and know which area of subject you like, and be ready to talk about it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
When I had my sixth form interview the interviewer was quite lenient. I was asked about my character and how keen I am on supporting the sixth form in local competitions. They also took note on my body language and how I presented myself. Ofcourse the obvious attendance, punctuality and predicted grades questions were asked but it was fine. A suprise question was to explain a story that has recently been in the news (not all interviews are like this).

I would say to be confident as if you know that you are worth the place at the sixth form. It should be a smooth run.
Heyyyy just wanted to ask what type of questions they asked concerning my predicted grades and do they affect if you are able to do those a levels x
Original post by krisalynn
Heyyyy just wanted to ask what type of questions they asked concerning my predicted grades and do they affect if you are able to do those a levels x

hey, I had an interview yesterday. They just me if I believe that I can better than predicted as it is a 5 which isn't that higher tbh. Yes, some schools need high grades as I'm applied for a different sixth form and got rejected due to the fact I didn't meet the entry requirement. Whatever school you applied for just search up the entry requirement as a lot of schools use that to decide if they want to offer you a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending