username4384274
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
should i still be friends with someone even though they joined in mocking me when someone was publicly shaming me in class
QueenTbiomed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zo.uds)
should i still be friends with someone even though they joined in mocking me when someone was publicly shaming me in class
No. If they were a true friend they would have defended you.
Crazy4Creativity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hell to the no. A real friend would have backed you up. I'm really sorry that had to happen.
username4384274
Rep:
?
i should probably explain how i provoked the situation, i was doing something wrong, but do you think i still deserved to be publicly shamed and mocked?
QueenTbiomed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i should probably explain how i provoked the situation, i was doing something wrong, but do you think i still deserved to be publicly shamed and mocked?
Friends don't pick on you for making mistakes. Unless you wronged them.
Crazy4Creativity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well... I don't think so. But you shouldn't probably have not done something wrong though
del1rious
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Who needs enemies with friends like that?!
username4384274
Rep:
?
that's so true and yet they managed to make me feel so guilty for getting upset, and no i didn't even wrong them, i was being kind of rude to a teacher...
Crazy4Creativity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that's so true and yet they managed to make me feel so guilty for getting upset, and no i didn't even wrong them, i was being kind of rude to a teacher...
oh right. What did you say though that made your friends to be that intense?
QueenTbiomed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, it depends on what they said and their intentions. If they were 'rude' in a way that perhaps your parent might be when you do something wrong, they probably have your best interests at heart and are trying to make you realise where you were wrong to make you a better person. However, they should have done so privately.

Either way, it's your call. You are the best judge as you know your situation best.
Crazy4Creativity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by QueenTbiomed)
Honestly, it depends on what they said and their intentions. If they were 'rude' in a way that perhaps your parent might be when you do something wrong, they probably have your best interests at heart and are trying to make you realise where you were wrong to make you a better person. However, they should have done so privately.

Either way, it's your call. You are the best judge as you know your situation best.
EXACTLY RIGHT. Totally agree
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No!!!
alineschiavon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, true friends would defend you, value yourself, and begin to relate only with people who give you due value. Don't accept what they are doing with you.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
on Friday i was being a bit rude to my teacher so this boy we will call him J starts shouting and cussing me out. this other boy called S that's suppose to be my friend starts laughing and calling out. this other boy suppose to be my friend ,D, starts calling out ,making these insensitive comments.
Monday comes and i had a meltdown (not because of this situation) so i came to call late as i enter class J starts cussing me out, completely unprovoked and S has this dirty smirk on his face as J's cussing me out. Throughout the class maybe like a handful of times the would pick on me but i just ignored.
After that class i was very upset, I planned on getting revenge so they would get a taste of their own medicine.
every time i see S i would start putting up middle fingers and laughing at him. i did it to him again as he entered this classroom, but went a bit too far and it became a heated argument J now comes and gets involved S and J gang up on me and start shouting claiming they never insulted me in anyway. i try to speak but they start talking over me and i completely lost my train of thought, i was just there looking dumb.
all their friends start attacking me. i just left and went to the counsellor and she has some students in her room and one them is on the sofa with a blazer other their head. i start explaining to the counsellor what happened and ask her to bring these S, J and D into her office so we can get this matter resolved. She tells me to leave and as i'm about to leave the person with the blazer on their head takes it off, its D. he starts cussing me saying how he tries to be nice me but 'im an unappreciative *****'.
who's in the wrong here? and what do you think i should do to resolve the matter?
username4384274
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenTbiomed)

it wasn't in a constructive way. one of them cussed me out calling me a stupid ***** that i should get the **** out of this room and other hurtful slurs
i already no i can never be friends with that boy again. there was 2 others, one was making negative comments and laughing at me, the other was laughing and mocking me. Are any of them my friends?
Crazy4Creativity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it wasn't in a constructive way. one of them cussed me out calling me a stupid ***** that i should get the **** out of this room and other hurtful slurs
i already no i can never be friends with that boy again. there was 2 others, one was making negative comments and laughing at me, the other was laughing and mocking me. Are any of them my friends?
That's actually horrible. I'm sooooooooooo sorry. Damn. They are NOT your friends. So sorry
username4384274
Rep:
?
i was sick and my voice was broken and my teacher was telling me speak louder and i said 'well my voice hurts, so im not exactly going to talk loud am i?'
(Original post by Crazy4Creativity)
oh right. What did you say though that made your friends to be that intense?
Crazy4Creativity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i was sick and my voice was broken and my teacher was telling me speak louder and i said 'well my voice hurts, so im not exactly going to talk loud am i?'
I feel you. My voice is broken right now and it hurts. They had no rights to be rude to you. Besides what you said to the teacher was the truth not a rude answer
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
what i said wasn't rude it was the way i said it.
I feel you. My voice is broken right now and it hurts. They had no rights to be rude to you. Besides what you said to the teacher was the truth not a rude answer
username4384274
Rep:
?
it wasn't as much what i said as the way i said it.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise