0%
history (1)
100%
Fa.ara
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
hi im in yr10 and I'm struggling with history so im thinking to drop it for business ( it might be easier as i took stats + im a set 1 in maths)

is it a good idea?
which 1 do u prefer/enjoy?
which is more beneficial?
subjects i took:
english lit&lang
triple science
spanish
rs
statistics
higher maths
history
Last edited by Fa.ara; 7 months ago
victoriu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I did History at GCSE it is very difficult so if you don't enjoy it will be difficult. However business is easier but it also isn't valued as much as history. So if you want to widen your options do history. Your choice in the end of the day.
Fa.ara
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by victoriu)
I did History at GCSE it is very difficult so if you don't enjoy it will be difficult. However business is easier but it also isn't valued as much as history. So if you want to widen your options do history. Your choice in the end of the day.
thnx
what did u get?
what exam board?
how did u revise?
victoriu
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Fa.ara)
thnx
what did u get?
what exam board?
how did u revise?
I got a 8 in history I had the edexcel exam board. I mainly revised by making mind maps,writing essays and asking my teacher to mark it,making flashcards and doing random worksheets. Search your topic on google and just write pdf so much useful stuff comes up. Good luck
victoriu
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I also did triple science and English lit + language I got 7/8/9 in them all too. With English literature most importantly learn your quotes. Then after do essays lots of essays English is essentially about writing I moved from a 4 to a 9 doing this. For triple science just teach your friends, make notes and watch videos. In GCSE if you work hard you will get A*.
brokeboi21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I took business and history gcse and hated history and loved business, business also can lead you to economics a level which I took and now am going for at uni which looks to be a great degree and ties in greatly with strong mathematic ability which you seem to have, however history may give you broader options with the analytical skills generally which can benefit many career paths. Business does tie in decently with economics if you choose that to go along with your math ability and still does provide some good analysis skills in the essay writing.
DylanArmitage01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Fa.ara)
hi im in yr10 and I'm struggling with history so im thinking to drop it for business ( it might be easier as i took stats + im a set 1 in maths)

is it a good idea?
which 1 do u prefer/enjoy?
which is more beneficial?
subjects i took:
english lit&lang
triple science
spanish
rs
statistics
higher maths
history
I took both history and business at GCSE just a few years ago and, in my opinion, the skills that you learn in history serve you better if you plan to go on to study an essay based subject at A-level. Business didn't actually have that much math involved when I took it in 2016, its more of a subject to do if you are thinking of going further into that subject, however, history is a lot more versatile. I also enjoyed history a lot more but that's down to personal preferences, I would suggest going to the individual subject teachers and asking them about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads