Turn on thread page Beta

Haven't slept in 3 days! Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a 15 year old boy, and I can't sleep at night. I'm in year 11, and the stress really gobbles me up. I'm currently have mock week, meaning my stress is all time high. My parents have now told me to just do the best of your ability, which in turn should reduce it. But when I'm in bed, by brain doesn't switch off, and my time I look at the time; it's 6 am, and I I just swore. I want to cry, but I can't. Now I am afraid to even just go to bed...

This is probably depression and it sucks man. By the way this is a recurring experience, meaning it has been happening regularly. However, I would usually get atleast 3 hours of sleep, but because of the exam, I've got to get to school earlier. During the weekend, I'm fine getting 8-9 hour sleep a day (blessings from God), but the weekdays I feel like a zombie.

What I do (sleeping routine)
    Now my biggest fear is not sleeping, so not sleeping is what keeps me up at night, if that makes sense ( probably doesn't ).
    I try reading books to make myself tired, but whilst I'm reading I get scared whether I'll fall asleep today. This continues and build up. Moreover, I try watching youtube videos for a negative feed back, me not wanting to sleep, tricking my brain to make me sleep. Bottom line, my life sucks and probably depression ( 100% lol).

Do any of you have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm sorry that this is all happening. I can relate I'm in year 10 and am always struggling for sleep. Yep I blame it on stress but it always seems like it's me putting on the stress. I agree realising you have got no sleep sucks. I know it is so difficult- but try to also take some stress away during mock week by dedicating breaks. Relaxation music and candles? Just remember its true your best is always enough!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I can relate to the irregular pattern in weekends and weekdays!
    believe me I understand your pain
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Justin321)
    It's nothing to do with depression, you just aren't sleeping well because you've got lot going on, that's quite normal. I get it frequently.

You need to put in place some 'sleep hygiene' and get into a routine. Sleeping badly is self-limiting unless you fight it.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-a...-get-to-sleep/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    It's nothing to do with depression, you just aren't sleeping well because you've got lot going on, that's quite normal. I get it frequently.

You need to put in place some 'sleep hygiene' and get into a routine. Sleeping badly is self-limiting unless you fight it.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-a...-get-to-sleep/
    Thanks after the posting, I've taken precautions and decided to find ways to reduce stress and it does help with sleep. When I couldn't sleep, I take 2 hour naps after school, which make me feel better.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.