The Student Room Group

Should i marry/date him (he is 30 years older)?

Four years ago i met a man (business man), he and my father knew each other. He came to my father's funeral.

He had interest in me and i knew it but i was young back then and found him creepy as he is 30 years older than me.

He has my number, 2 years ago he proposed (kind of) and asked me if was interested but i said no.

He will come to the Netherlands after a week and he wants to see me. I was thinking, if he is really still Interested should i date him(firstly) ? I mean i dont even have a good life to care about and i have to work for life long (lol just until i am pension) and i find everything hard. I nearly feel like collapsing everyday, i really cant work but if i dont work then i will end up homeless. He is super rich. If i marry him i will not worry about earning money or a house to live/sleep or what to eat.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow wait did you even read it? lol that was too quick.
Reply 2
I am 18
It sounds like you want to marry him to take advantage of him - not because you've an interest in him. So no. Let him find someone else who actually cares about him.
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
It sounds like you want to marry him to take advantage of him - not because you've an interest in him. So no. Let him find someone else who actually cares about him.

I will tell him every thing. Its not like i will lie to him about my feelings.
Original post by Ani33
Four years ago i met a man (business man), he and my father knew each other. He came to my father's funeral.

He had interest in me and i knew it but i was young back then and found him creepy as he is 30 years older than me.

He has my number, 2 years ago he proposed (kind of) and asked me if was interested but i said no.

He will come to the Netherlands after a week and he wants to see me. I was thinking, if he is really still Interested should i date him(firstly) ? I mean i dont even have a good life to care about and i have to work for life long (lol just until i am pension) and i find everything hard. I nearly feel like collapsing everyday, i really cant work but if i dont work then i will end up homeless. He is super rich. If i marry him i will not worry about earning money or a house to live/sleep or what to eat.

What do you think?

You found him creepy because he is creepy. Stay away from him
If it feels like your life quality will dramatically improve and you don't want normal healthy relationships, than feel free. Only you know what's best for you.
Reply 7
Original post by Ani33

What do you think?

Yes (unless he's super ugly, or creepy). Your own comfort and financial security should be your top priority. You can always sleep with other people behind his back, too.
Reply 8
Sounds like you will both benefit. If you feel guilty though just be honest with him and he might still be ok with it if he is lonely enough.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
Yes (unless he's super ugly, or creepy). Your own comfort and financial security should be your top priority. You can always sleep with other people behind his back, too.

"You can always sleep with other people behind his back, too" wth???? That i want to marry him to get a better (financial) life does not mean i will be a heartless cheater. If i marry him then i will only be with him.
Reply 10
Original post by Ani33
"You can always sleep with other people behind his back, too" wth???? That i want to marry him to get a better (financial) life does not mean i will be a heartless cheater. If i marry him then i will only be with him.

Yeah, yeah, give it a few years, lol. He's not a saint, either, the only reason why he wants to marry you is because you are young and (probably) good looking. He doesn't deserve any better, anyway.
Reply 11
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, yeah, give it a few years, lol. He's not a saint, either, the only reason why he wants to marry you is because you are young and (probably) good looking. He doesn't deserve any better, anyway.

"the only reason why he wants to marry you is because you are young and (probably) good looking" i agree but cheating is just wrong.
Reply 12
Original post by Ani33
"the only reason why he wants to marry you is because you are young and (probably) good looking" i agree but cheating is just wrong.

Wanting to marry someone so much younger and inexperienced (and who is in a difficult situation) is wrong, too. To hell with that guy. Take advantage of his money, dump him after 10 years and snatch some of his assets.
Sinfonietta is spot on, It seems like you would only marry him because of how to benefit from him (get a better financial life).

Let him find someone who really loves and cares for him.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Analyst89
Sinfonietta is spot on, It seems like you would only marry him because of how to benefit from him (get a better financial life).

Let him find someone who really loves him.

Lol, do you honestly believe it's love he's after?
Mutually beneficial, why not?

If it doesn't work out you'll get half of it anyway.
Reply 16
Original post by Analyst89

Let him find someone who really loves him.

And he wants to marry me because i have a young body, that pedophile followed me for 4 four years. Also love is not the only reason people get married. Another thing i am not a liar i will be honest with him. And lastly its only if he wants.
Original post by Ani33

What do you think?

If you were to marry him, I think it's highly likely that he would expect certain things of you since he will feel like you owe him. You won't be making your life any better or easier by marrying him.
Let us know what happens hun
Marry him, manipulate him, take all his money and then leave him. Good luck :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending