Turn on thread page Beta

Should i marry/date him (he is 30 years older)? watch

(Original post by Ani33)
    Four years ago i met a man (business man), he and my father knew each other. He came to my father's funeral.

What do you think?
    Speaking as an older guy, no. It will be infatuation, maybe even a longing for him to feel younger. Older men still find younger girls attractive, its human nature, but any guy acting out on that is a bit of a wrong un imho, even if they dont meam to be or do genuinely have feelings. I very much doubt you'll have much in common anyway, dont mean that in a patronising way, it's just a sad fact of getting older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkdilla)
    Do you have no people around your own age Ani33? People who are perhaps less wealthy but where the relationship is more healthy and equal. Also, a more normal relationship would be healthier for your psychological health as you'll be able to communicate and understand each other equally well and there will be respect in the relationship. I am not judging, if you feel this is the best opportunity for you then feel free, but if there is a chance in the future you can meet someone who perhaps, better matched for you then closing the door on that might seem a little hasty.
    To be honest i only want a better life, a less stressed life.

"Also, a more normal relationship would be healthier for your psychological health as you'll be able to communicate and understand each other equally well and there will be respect in the relationship."

do you think we will not understand each other? If marrying him will make me more stressed i will not marry him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)

"Also, a more normal relationship would be healthier for your psychological health as you'll be able to communicate and understand each other equally well and there will be respect in the relationship."

do you think we will not understand each other? If marrying him will make me more stressed i will not marry him.
    Imo you should get a sugar daddy first, see how you like that sort of arrangement. Getting a divorce is one big hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)

That's fine. Whatever you feel is feel safest and happiest for you. You seem sensible but talk to whoever you trust. And don't feel pressured to be with him forever, if you get feelings of resentment or anger, and it becomes too much, feel free to leave him. Do what's best for you.

ReputationRep:
    this gentleman is your ticket out of a life of poverty & failure. you won't get another offer like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)
    Lol dont you not know that you should not judge a book by its cover? You dont even know what i am planning or what i am thinking and you began to judge. Unintelligent/ignorant of you.

You're asking a forum full of strangers if you should date/marry someone who (by your own words) is a ~paedophile~ yet you're calling me unintelligent?? Just let that sink in for a minute. All you've mentioned so far is that he's rich and by marrying him you wouldn't have to work or worry about money, and that you find him creepy. So yeah, you can't blame people for assuming you're a golddigger because that's exactly what you've painted yourself as

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)
    I am 18
    you say you’re 18 but he had an interest in you 4 years ago? So he was interested in you when you were 14? Ok honestly that’s just really weird on his part so I really would stay away. Plus like people have mentioned you’re only using him for his money. If you want a sugar dad/babe relationship then you’ll have to make him aware of it before anything happens!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph5364)
    you say you’re 18 but he had an interest in you 4 years ago? So he was interested in you when you were 14? Ok honestly that’s just really weird on his part so I really would stay away. Plus like people have mentioned you’re only using him for his money. If you want a sugar dad/babe relationship then you’ll have to make him aware of it before anything happens!
    Ugh that's a good point. Whatever you do, don't ever have kids with him, OP.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good point. He's a paedophile and i'd suggest avoiding a person like that, however that doesn't mean that OP's life might still significantly improve if she marries him.

I didnt pick up on the bit about him showing an interest when you were 14.. leave well alone then. You are playing with fire there and I would even consider letting a parent know about one of their so called friends. Thats not 'showing an interest' thats called grooming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    You're asking a forum full of strangers if you should date/marry someone who (by your own words) is a ~paedophile~ yet you're calling me unintelligent?? Just let that sink in for a minute. All you've mentioned so far is that he's rich and by marrying him you wouldn't have to work or worry about money, and that you find him creepy. So yeah, you can't blame people for assuming you're a golddigger because that's exactly what you've painted yourself as
    You said "You're just as bad as him, OP. Maybe you should get with him so you don't inflict yourself on anyone else."

What from what i said makes me bad? You jumped to conclusion without asking me/knowing what i am planning to do to him if i will lie to him or be honest to him etc.

Also, Yes i USED to find him creepy, he is pedophile (i dont care about that), i want to marry him for his money but i never said i will treat him bad/horrible.

So answer the question, what from what i said makes me bad?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ani33)
    You said "You're just as bad as him, OP. Maybe you should get with him so you don't inflict yourself on anyone else."

What from what i said makes me bad? You jumped to conclusion without asking me/knowing what i am planning to do to him if i will lie to him or be honest to him etc.

Also, Yes i USED to find him creepy, he is pedophile (i dont care about that), i want to marry him for his money but i never said i will treat him bad/horrible.

You obviously want to be told yes go marry him, I think you would be foolish too especially as he was interested in you when you were just 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)

There is your answer ^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    You obviously want to be told yes go marry him, I think you would be foolish too especially as he was interested in you when you were just 14.
    I want to hear ideas and opinions not only "yes go marry him".

"I think you would be foolish too especially as he was interested in you when you were just 14."

Is there anything wrong with that?
    There is your answer ^^^
    So that makes me a bad person??? Oki.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)

"I think you would be foolish too especially as he was interested in you when you were just 14."

Ugh, I'm done here. First you say that he's an evil pedo, then you say there's nothing wrong with being a pedo. That's just gross. You are not a 'bad person', you are just stupid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ani33)

Didn't say you was a bad person everyone's opinion here is that you shouldn't marry him, he is downright creepy but you will get with him anyway won't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Ugh, I'm done here. First you say that he's a bad pedo, then you say there's nothing wrong with being a pedo. That's just gross. You are not a 'bad person', you are just stupid.
    This to be honest, everyone has tried to help op but she is just very young and confused. My final piece of advice would be to not do it but if you must, no one should judge you and we'll be here for you if you need more support in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani33)
    Yes!!! You are agreeing with paedophila. Please for the love of God do not ever have children.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! You are agreeing with paedophila. Please for the love of God do not ever have children.
    I guess you're perfect then

ReputationRep:
    This is some next level of sad.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.