which university should i pick? Watch

kevoooog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i have conditional offers from MMU, Nottingham trent, uni of liverpool, Sheffield hallam, LJMU and i have no idea which one to put as my first, uni of liverpool is my first choice but im debating it someone pls help, gonna be studying business management
Sheffield Hallam University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey kevoooog

Congrats on all your offers! Have you been to any open days? So is Liverpool Uni your first choice and you are unsure of what to put as your second?

We have an open evening next Thursday at Hallam if you're interested in finding out more about the uni and your course. here's the link to book on - https://www4.shu.ac.uk/ad/open-evening/

Thanks
Bridget
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 1 week ago
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey kevoooog

Well done on making the leap to University!

I don't know about any of the other universities, so I can't give you any feedback on those. However, if you'd like, I'm happy to give you as much information about Sheffield Hallam that you don't find out from the above linked opening day!

Feel free to shoot me an @ and either I, or one of the other Hallam ambassadors will be able to give you an in-depth review of it.

Hope this helps
Josh
harrysbar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Liverpool University is the highest rated of your choices, so I would certainly put them first if you think you can achieve the grades they are asking for? League tables aren't everything but they do give you an indication of how good the University might be and higher rated Universities will tend to be better than the ones towards the bottom of the table. As for the others, it is hard to make an Insurance choice but you need to go for somewhere where the grades required are lower than at your first choice University and where you would be happy to go. So check their various ratings in something like the Times league table, and try to attend Open Days. One thing to check is whether they can offer accomodaton in halls for students who do not put them as their first choice, as otherwise it can be stressful finding accomodation.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kevoooog)
i have conditional offers from MMU, Nottingham trent, uni of liverpool, Sheffield hallam, LJMU and i have no idea which one to put as my first, uni of liverpool is my first choice but im debating it someone pls help, gonna be studying business management
What were your criteria when you originally picked those choices, and have they changed?

Have you (re)visited them all?

You have until May to decide. There's no rush...

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise