The Student Room Group

LGBTQ If you ever "come out" to someone who'd be the first person you come out to?

Title.

The person I came out to wasn't any family or friend it was someone else (If I tell you you may find it strange but anyways) it was someone whom I trusted at the time, kinda regret it now because I don't know if I should have...

Would just like to hear from others.
It was the first girl I fancied. She thought I was messing with her. 💔 Got to kiss her some 6-7 years later though in a club.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Title.

The person I came out to wasn't any family or friend it was someone else (If I tell you you may find it strange but anyways) it was someone whom I trusted at the time, kinda regret it now because I don't know if I should have...

Would just like to hear from others.

It's difficult to say, i'd imagine it would be different for every individual, depending on who they personally felt most comfortable confiding in.

If it was me, i would imagine i would talk to another gay person first (if i knew any). I think i would feel more comfortable with someone who understood and had been through it themself.
Reply 3
Okay thank you. That's made me feel quite better lol. Because I only recently came out to my teacher who was also lgbtq and I know people (and my friends if I one day tell them) may find it weird but I was comfortable with her and knew she would understand.
However, due to me having anxiety 3/4 months later I now fear I shouldn't have told. I really want to go back to school and pay a visit (I had promised my teachers I would) the thing is because ive opened up to this teacher, I don't want to go back to school because I'll feel guilty about being percieved differently by her m and I fear in case she's told other teachers at school and they all judge me when i pay a visit.
I want to tell her to just forget that I even mentioned it because I just want to be perceived like a normal person and not anyone different. That's my fear and my regret, but I was very comfortable telling her st the time so I think it may just be my anxiety playing up on me but I don't know. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Okay thank you. That's made me feel quite better lol. Because I only recently came out to my teacher who was also lgbtq and I know people (and my friends if I one day tell them) may find it weird but I was comfortable with her and knew she would understand.
However, due to me having anxiety 3/4 months later I now fear I shouldn't have told. I really want to go back to school and pay a visit (I had promised my teachers I would) the thing is because ive opened up to this teacher, I don't want to go back to school because I'll feel guilty about being percieved differently by her m and I fear in case she's told other teachers at school and they all judge me when i pay a visit.
I want to tell her to just forget that I even mentioned it because I just want to be perceived like a normal person and not anyone different. That's my fear and my regret, but I was very comfortable telling her st the time so I think it may just be my anxiety playing up on me but I don't know. :frown:

She won't have told a soul, don't worry. I'm pretty confident that an LGBTQ teacher who was confided in like that would not betray your confidence. She knows how important it is to come out to people in your own time and on your own terms (if you choose to).

It is just your anxiety. Why would she, of all people, be judging you - or think that you are not normal?

I'm going to be brutally frank here. Keeping this a secret seems to be weighing much too heavily on you. You had the right idea the first time. You need to have someone that you trust who can talk over these things with in confidence. You can't keep bottling things up inside like this.
Reply 5
Thank you so much I hope you're right and she hasn't told anyone, I'll have to build up the courage and go in soon:smile:
You Sound like someone familiar lol.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending