Advice needed...

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm a 15year old girl and I'd say I'm quite religious. im a muslim so i try to pray and fast and stuff, but that's not the issue here. The issue here is my parents and my time.

Since I was like 6 years old, My parents would take me to an After school Islamic lesson at a mosque. They are very useful for remembering God and all that but now I'm 15, I'm really worried about my GCSEs.

we've just done our Mocks and im not doing very well and im starting to do tuitions, afterschool lessons at school for different subjects. Here's the problem; my parents still take me to Islamic classes even though im the oldest there; its mostly primary school kids and i feel really out of place. I've convinced them to let me stop those classes since I'm too old now and I have to focus on my GCSEs, but they refuse.

I get no time at all with these Islamic classes, after school revision clubs and all my homework- i can't exactly revise and study as productively as i wish to due to this. And the worst part is, whenever i get a bad grade in a test or mini-exam, my parents tell me I'm not studying at all!!

Sorry that was long but whAT do i do??!!?
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a 15year old girl and I'd say I'm quite religious. im a muslim so i try to pray and fast and stuff, but that's not the issue here. The issue here is my parents and my time.

Since I was like 6 years old, My parents would take me to an After school Islamic lesson at a mosque. They are very useful for remembering God and all that but now I'm 15, I'm really worried about my GCSEs.

we've just done our Mocks and im not doing very well and im starting to do tuitions, afterschool lessons at school for different subjects. Here's the problem; my parents still take me to Islamic classes even though im the oldest there; its mostly primary school kids and i feel really out of place. I've convinced them to let me stop those classes since I'm too old now and I have to focus on my GCSEs, but they refuse.

I get no time at all with these Islamic classes, after school revision clubs and all my homework- i can't exactly revise and study as productively as i wish to due to this. And the worst part is, whenever i get a bad grade in a test or mini-exam, my parents tell me I'm not studying at all!!

Sorry that was long but whAT do i do??!!?
Speak to your parents. That’s all you can do. Say that you’re worried your grades are suffering because of your Islamic classes, and could you please either cut down on them or not attend altogether.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
66.95%
In the post (5)
4.24%
Text (16)
13.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.25%

Watched Threads