Do you go to bed at the same time as your partner. Watch

Skater_girl92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Me (f19) and my boyfriend (m21) have been in our own flat together for about a month ... but lately I have been going to bed at like 2am and he doesn’t come to bed till 4am (we both work weird hours. He normally doesn’t finish till 12am). I feel like we should go to bed together but he just isn’t tired and I can’t stay up any later. Should we make more effort ?
kaydance bruu.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
idk
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kaydance bruu.)
idk
why u up so early answering everything? lol but the threads u bump are quite interesting :beard:

anyways no we dont. in the beginning you might feel you have to, but as time goes by you learn to go to bed whenever you want after adapting to each others schedule. but you have to get used to them getting in the bed/out to come home, go to work, pee, shower, eat, whatever. Or waking you up for sex or an emergency or their movement. Go to bed when you want basically lol and lay a good night kiss.
Spirithorse
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that it's completely fine to go to bed a different times. You are both individuals and that means you might require different amounts of sleep or have a different body clock in terms of sleep and wake up times.

If this is really important to you then talk to your partner and maybe try to arrange a night once a week where you do go to bed together? But don't stress! It sounds like you both work hard and staying healthy is really important to the success of a relationship. Look after yourselves and each other
UWS
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't see why you feel the need to fall asleep at the same time. If you're tired then sleep, he has a different work schedule so staying awake for him is only going to make it stressful for you.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Am I the only one who noticed the OP posted this at about 4am? When she is meant to be sleeping and her boyfriend going to bed?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If he finishes work at midnitght it's natural for him to go to bed at 4am. It takes time to get home, have a bite to eat, settle down and relax enough for sleep. He's a human being, not a robot that can just switch itself off.

If you need to get up for something in the morning, you need to go to bed by 2 am. Or have a siesta during the day.

No you should not make more effort to go to bed at the same time. Sleep is important. Regular sleep patterns are important.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Skater_girl92)
Me (f19) and my boyfriend (m21) have been in our own flat together for about a month ... but lately I have been going to bed at like 2am and he doesn’t come to bed till 4am (we both work weird hours. He normally doesn’t finish till 12am). I feel like we should go to bed together but he just isn’t tired and I can’t stay up any later. Should we make more effort ?
Very rarely. And no, that's stupid, no need to force yourself. You are not 5, he doesn't need to adapt to your sleeping patterns.
Pseudo Intellect
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
why u up so early answering everything? lol but the threads u bump are quite interesting :beard:
They want to get that rep innit
Pseudo Intellect
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Skater_girl92)
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads