Government Economic Service Degree Apprenticeship

Watch
The GES
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone thinking of applying to the gov economic degree apprenticeship?
Frazzle27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The GES)
Anyone thinking of applying to the gov economic degree apprenticeship?
Definitely. The University of Kent isn't a bad university and the civil service is good to work for (I have a friend there) so I have been waiting for applications to open for a whole now.
Chels.s01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I have been waiting for the application process to open! It sounds so interesting, have you done the tests yet?
Frazzle27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chels.s01)
Yes I have been waiting for the application process to open! It sounds so interesting, have you done the tests yet?
Yeah, just finished them. They take ages though
The GES
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frazzle27)
Definitely. The University of Kent isn't a bad university and the civil service is good to work for (I have a friend there) so I have been waiting for applications to open for a whole now.
The applications are now open!
https://www.civilservicejobs.service...?jcode=1612169
The GES
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chels.s01)
There are practice tests which will help you prepare!
UnKnowN1029
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone get a response yet?
ElectricLongShot
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UnKnowN1029)
Did anyone get a response yet?
I had a reply a couple of hours ago, I passed the online tests and need to write a written application (3 x 250 word questions)
revison123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve also got to write a written application, Where have you guys applied to?
rebeccadavis00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which regions have you all applied too?
Chels.s01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rebeccadavis00)
which regions have you all applied too?
I've put my 1st choice as Bristol (South West) and second choice as London, which did you select?
revison123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Manchester, what about you?
Chels.s01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just checking, does the personal statement need to include the answers to the 3 questions or do they need to be separate? Hope you are all getting on well with the application process
Last edited by Chels.s01; 1 year ago
lbun
Report 1 year ago
Hey same to u I thought the personal statement was just the 3 questions, 250 words max per each. Does that mean that the personal statement cannot be longer than 750 words?

Or are you writing other stuff as well as the 3 questions?
lbun
Report 1 year ago
Hey same to u I thought the personal statement was just the 3 questions? It says 250 words max. per question so does that mean the personal statement cannot be longer than 750 words?
coffee_prince
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe so. i am wondering if I could even handle this course, I have researched how intense these Degree Apprenticeships are. you esentially work 4 days a week and have to complete a degree on the side.
jazzyjinks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you guys get the email about not finding about about written applications until the end of day on Tuesday. I’m dying to find out the outcome! Hoping I’ll be put out of my misery earlier.

Do any of you guys know anyone who works for the civil service and know what they think of it?
Chels.s01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jazzyjinks)
Did you guys get the email about not finding about about written applications until the end of day on Tuesday. I’m dying to find out the outcome! Hoping I’ll be put out of my misery earlier.

Do any of you guys know anyone who works for the civil service and know what they think of it?
Hey, yes I got the email too and am looking forward to hearing back on Tuesday! Personally I don’t know anyone however if I were to get invited to the assessment day I think it gives you a good feel for the ‘company’. Good luck!
coffee_prince
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have worked in the civil service.

It depends as every department is so different.

But it is quite good career wise. Flexible working and generous holiday. Pension career average I think, so better than most. A lot of bureaucracy though.
jazzyjinks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just heard back and I didn’t get through to the final stage.

Good luck to you all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (202)
46.98%
Take exams next summer (62)
14.42%
Change uni choice through clearing (97)
22.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (44)
10.23%
I'm not applying to university (25)
5.81%

Watched Threads