sophiecaine1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
‘Corporate religious experiences are less reliable than individual religious experiences.’ Discuss.
Can someone please help me with this essay question please
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'll need to be more specific. What in particular are you struggling with? What ideas have you had so far?
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sophiecaine1)
‘Corporate religious experiences are less reliable than individual religious experiences.’ Discuss.
Think about hysteria. For example, I (Anglo-Orthodox Christian) have had a religious experience, in the form of a comforting hand on my shoulder and a feeling of calm euphoria and comfort (when I was not somewhere this could be done by another person). I have also, on the other hand, been in a Pentecostal "church" where people were spazzing and babbling, claiming to have been touched by the Holy Spirit.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sophiecaine1)
There's zero evidence that any of them are 'reliable', so trying to compare their level is flawed. That should simplify the essay ..
sophiecaine1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
You'll need to be more specific. What in particular are you struggling with? What ideas have you had so far?
I just have no idea where to start x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.71%
No (110)
80.29%

Watched Threads