Turn on thread page Beta

So I've sort of been seeing this guy for a while now. He held my hand on the first date and gave me a hug before I took the bus to go home, which I thought was really sweet. Since then we've gone out a couple of times and hugged before we leave, but that's about it.
    Apart from when he's asked me out , he doesn't seem eager to see me. I messaged him saying that I'd be going home for the holidays and won't see him until next year, but he didn't reply. He also said we've been 'friends ' for over a year (sort of true, since I met him in the middle of last year but we didn't start 'dating' until this year). And when we text he said he only talks ( yeah he uses the word 'talk' like 'we're talking' instead of words like 'date') to one girl at a time. But he could be lying.
    So my plan is to get him face-to-face and ask him exactly what he wants. If he can't give me a straight answer, I'm getting rid of him. I don't want to spend the rest of my student life with this guy, when I could have fund with other people and perhaps find someone who's actually eager to be with me. Is this too rash, and am I overthinking? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're doing the right thing. I Hung onto a guy who said I'm the only girl he's talking to when that was b.s.
    I mean he's not trying to make any sexual moves on you so far so at least you know he's not using you for sex but he still could be playing you so being straight up is the best way forward. He'll struggle to lie when you're face to face.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've sort of been seeing this guy for a while now. He held my hand on the first date and gave me a hug before I took the bus to go home, which I thought was really sweet. Since then we've gone out a couple of times and hugged before we leave, but that's about it.
    Apart from when he's asked me out , he doesn't seem eager to see me. I messaged him saying that I'd be going home for the holidays and won't see him until next year, but he didn't reply. He also said we've been 'friends ' for over a year (sort of true, since I met him in the middle of last year but we didn't start 'dating' until this year). And when we text he said he only talks ( yeah he uses the word 'talk' like 'we're talking' instead of words like 'date') to one girl at a time. But he could be lying.
    So my plan is to get him face-to-face and ask him exactly what he wants. If he can't give me a straight answer, I'm getting rid of him. I don't want to spend the rest of my student life with this guy, when I could have fund with other people and perhaps find someone who's actually eager to be with me. Is this too rash, and am I overthinking? Thoughts?
    Like Notmorgan has said you are probably doing the right thing. You’ve put the right amount of thought into it and definitely aren’t being too harsh.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.