The Student Room Group

American VS British Education

Hi everyone, I have now come to a point that I need to make a decision on whether to further my studies in the US or UK. This is mainly because I need to choose between continuing with A-Levels or an ADTP (American Degree Transfer Programme) - basically I will do 2 years here in Malaysia then have my credits transferred to US for another 2 years.

My dillema
*I studied the IGCSE so I might not be familiarise with the US education system.
*I like that the UK education system being more in-depth and help you focus in 1 field.
*I like the US culture as I have visited that country before.
*I have not made up my mind on future career choice so US education system may help as the first 2 years is know to be "General Education" and it gives me time to select my career next time
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
You can apply to US universities with A-levels, applying to UK universities with just a US HS diploma is not sufficient - you need to take specific AP exams for that. Thus, A-levels give you both options by default, while the other option may not...

Quick Reply

Latest