Helping someone with high expectations Watch

CSegee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am finding it difficult to prepare for my exams. I have recently done my mocks, but the result has left me wondering i'f i can still meet my expectations.
My target grades are as follows:
maths - 8 Business - 8
Double Science - 8 8 Computer Science - 8
Physical Education - 8 R.E. - 8
English Literature - 6 English Language - 6
CiDA - B+/6+
My recent results are really low except maths, Business, CiDA which were 5's , but this is really far from my target grade and the required grade to study certain subjects for A-Level. I don't really revise, never have and only started recently, 1 week before mocks, and i have tried a few things but it hasn't really worked. As either i didn't try for long enough or it just simply doesn't suit me.
I am writing this question to ask, if you can help me and other people in similar situations out, with any revision tips or how you succeeded.
Thank You for your responses.
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, what my head teacher said when I did GCSEs was that mocks are a starting point and that most people will go up at least one grade, if you work you can go up two and if you work really hard or underperformed in mocks you can go up three. A lot of schools also make mocks harder than real exams in some way, to scare people into studying.
Sadly sometimes you have to revise even if you don't feel like it... you still have time if you start now, but you won't meet your grades if you don't persevere with studying even if your initial methods aren't your favourites.
CSegee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by redmeercat)
Hey, what my head teacher said when I did GCSEs was that mocks are a starting point and that most people will go up at least one grade, if you work you can go up two and if you work really hard or underperformed in mocks you can go up three. A lot of schools also make mocks harder than real exams in some way, to scare people into studying.
Sadly sometimes you have to revise even if you don't feel like it... you still have time if you start now, but you won't meet your grades if you don't persevere with studying even if your initial methods aren't your favourites.
Thank you for the response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed