Qualifying for student finance Watch

KD97x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I am in my first year of studying and I live in student accommodation. I qualified for the maximum tuition loan and maintenance loan. Next year in my second year of my degree I am going to move in with my boyfriend instead of going back home to my parents house and I was wondering how this would affect what student finance I will receive? Will it then be based and calculated on HIS earnings or still my parents earnings as to how much maintenance loan I receive? I currently have a part time job working 1 day a week so I do not have enough money to support myself financially. Thanks for the help.
Duncan SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KD97x)
Hi. I am in my first year of studying and I live in student accommodation. I qualified for the maximum tuition loan and maintenance loan. Next year in my second year of my degree I am going to move in with my boyfriend instead of going back home to my parents house and I was wondering how this would affect what student finance I will receive? Will it then be based and calculated on HIS earnings or still my parents earnings as to how much maintenance loan I receive? I currently have a part time job working 1 day a week so I do not have enough money to support myself financially. Thanks for the help.
Hi,

We would still income assess you using your parents household income if you are under 25.

Thanks, Duncan
KD97x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Duncan

Okay thanks for the help!

(Original post by Duncan SFE)Hi,

We would still income assess you using your parents household income if you are under 25.

Thanks, Duncan
Duncan SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KD97x)
Hi Duncan

Okay thanks for the help!

(Original post by Duncan SFE)Hi,

Thanks, Duncan
You're welcome!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads