Should i just do this? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Should i just apply for the foundation year courses for Law when applying to uni in order to play it safe and because i don't think i'll be able to achieve the grades?? Is that possible?
Pseudo Intellect
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Should i just apply for the foundation year courses for Law when applying to uni in order to play it safe and because i don't think i'll be able to achieve the grades?? Is that possible?
Contact the university you want to apply to and ask them if you don’t make the grades can you switch over to the foundation course instead.

I’m not sure if universities would let you do foundation courses if you are doing a course which is above the level of the foundation course especially if it meets the requirements for the standard course.

If you don’t feel like you will achieve the necessary grades maybe just reach out to the universities you like and see if you can do a foundation year on top before picking and applying to universities.

Also don’t rush this out of panic because you may achieve the grades you need or do better.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Pseudo Intellect)
Contact the university you want to apply to and ask them if you don’t make the grades can you switch over to the foundation course instead.

I’m not sure if universities would let you do foundation courses if you are doing a course which is above the level of the foundation course especially if it meets the requirements for the standard course.

If you don’t feel like you will achieve the necessary grades maybe just reach out to the universities you like and see if you can do a foundation year on top before picking and applying to universities.

Also don’t rush this out of panic because you may achieve the grades you need or do better.
Thanks for this , suppose i applied without the foundation year, yet i don't receive the offers what happens? i don't really have much knowledge about that kind of stuff, could u tell me pls?
Pseudo Intellect
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for this , suppose i applied without the foundation year, yet i don't receive the offers what happens? i don't really have much knowledge about that kind of stuff, could u tell me pls?
I think you’d have to apply through clearing IF universities don’t take you on but now a days universities are more flexible I believe. So do contact them about the foundation courses if it helps clear some doubts.

It’s also good to look at some back up universities just in case. It’s always good to have a backup plan.

I’m not the most but knowledgeable individual when it comes to applying but generally I think the best place to get answers are universities themselves because each one is different. Some may take you on if you are below your predicted grades others may not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.81%
No (584)
72.19%

Watched Threads