Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people think male and female brains are the same? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

I like his views, very articulate man and brings up many valid points.

A lot of his work is based on the biological differences in the way men and women's brains are.

As far as I am aware there is decades of research showing this is the case. I thought it was common sense, men and women are different by nature.

But some people are saying there is no difference? I'm not quite sure how or why.

Peterson explains this in many different ways, like for example women are more drawn to people and men are more drawn to things. This translates into career choices, research is showing, given the free choice and promotional of all careers, majority of men will choose jobs like engineering, when more women will choose jobs like nursing.

How can anyone claim men and women have the same brain?

ReputationRep:
    jordan peterson is quite a clever guy, but the fact that he believes in noahs ark just destroys his intellegience completely. its like getting an a star at further maths and not knowing how to do long multiplication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conservative1)
    What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

I like his views, very articulate man and brings up many valid points.

A lot of his work is based on the biological differences in the way men and women's brains are.

As far as I am aware there is decades of research showing this is the case. I thought it was common sense, men and women are different by nature.

But some people are saying there is no difference? I'm not quite sure how or why.

Peterson explains this in many different ways, like for example women are more drawn to people and men are more drawn to things. This translates into career choices, research is showing, given the free choice and promotional of all careers, majority of men will choose jobs like engineering, when more women will choose jobs like nursing.

How can anyone claim men and women have the same brain?

Everyone has to be the same in 2018

if you suggest that one gender/race is better/worse at certain things then people get mighty offended

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.