Why do people think male and female brains are the same?

Watch
conservative1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

I like his views, very articulate man and brings up many valid points.

A lot of his work is based on the biological differences in the way men and women's brains are.

As far as I am aware there is decades of research showing this is the case. I thought it was common sense, men and women are different by nature.

But some people are saying there is no difference? I'm not quite sure how or why.

Peterson explains this in many different ways, like for example women are more drawn to people and men are more drawn to things. This translates into career choices, research is showing, given the free choice and promotional of all careers, majority of men will choose jobs like engineering, when more women will choose jobs like nursing.

How can anyone claim men and women have the same brain?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
jordan peterson is quite a clever guy, but the fact that he believes in noahs ark just destroys his intellegience completely. its like getting an a star at further maths and not knowing how to do long multiplication.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by conservative1)
What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

I like his views, very articulate man and brings up many valid points.

A lot of his work is based on the biological differences in the way men and women's brains are.

As far as I am aware there is decades of research showing this is the case. I thought it was common sense, men and women are different by nature.

But some people are saying there is no difference? I'm not quite sure how or why.

Peterson explains this in many different ways, like for example women are more drawn to people and men are more drawn to things. This translates into career choices, research is showing, given the free choice and promotional of all careers, majority of men will choose jobs like engineering, when more women will choose jobs like nursing.

How can anyone claim men and women have the same brain?

Everyone has to be the same in 2018

if you suggest that one gender/race is better/worse at certain things then people get mighty offended
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed