Turn on thread page Beta

Which Examboard Is Better For Computer Science A-Level? AQA or OCR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Next year I would like to study a Computer Science A-Level. My school's sixth form offers OCR, and two alternative sixth forms I have seen offer AQA.

Is leaving my school to study AQA Computer Science A-Level worth it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved to computer science and ict
    I wouldn't base a school decision on an exam board. Choose based off other factors such as travel, teaching, subject combinations etc.

Personally I do prefer the AQA course, but that's by no means true for everyone, I know that 80% of my class would hate it because of the nature of the on screen exams. The teaching style would certainly have to be adjusted significantly if we swapped since so many people just can't code because of how little guidance and practice they've had. Make the decision based on other factors not the exam board for computing though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 8, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.