Chances of getting into THESE unis?????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mykolajiw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone. I’m applying to geography at LSE, UCL and Bristol with AAAD (the D is in maths) and I’m currently on a gap year - I have a full-time job at a consultancy firm. My personal statement was written around the course at LSE. I’ve also applied to King’s for European Studies and Warwick for Politics, International Studies and German. Do you reckon I have a good chance at these unis? Thanks 😃
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
Anyone???
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haven't you already asked this in another thread?
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
No? Do you have an idea though of my chances?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you think about this, its a very silly question.

You know perfectly well that it isnt 'just about grades', and since no-one here has a) read your PS and reference and b) read everyone else's, they cannot possibly tell you if you'll even get an offer, never mind get the grades in August.
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
If you think about this, its a very silly question.

You know perfectly well that it isnt 'just about grades', and since no-one here has a) read your PS and reference and b) read everyone else's, they cannot possibly tell you if you'll even get an offer, never mind get the grades in August.
I already have the grades, I’ve given some basic info on my personal statement (that it’s written around lse’s course) and I’m doing something worthwhile in my gap year
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
Can someone help with this?
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
Can someone help with this???
banders18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mykolajiw)
Can someone help with this???
As returnmigrant has said above, no one here can give you a definitive answer because no one has seen your full application, or seen the quality and quantity of other applicants for your courses.

Since there is so much more to an application than simply the grades, we can’t really answer your question.
Last edited by banders18; 1 year ago
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you have asked before, but under a different name before you were banned...

Hi everyone. I’m applying to geography at LSE, UCL and Bristol with AAAD (the D is in maths) and I’m currently on a gap year - I have a full-time job at a consultancy firm. My personal statement was written around the course at LSE. I’ve also applied to King’s for European Studies and Warwick for Politics, International Studies and German. Do you reckon I have a good chance at these unis? Thanks 😃
(Original post by Zaporizhia)
I'm on my gap year and reapplied with AAAD to Warwick for Politics and International Studies with German, King's for European Studies and UCL, LSE and Bristol for Geography. How likely is it that I'll receive an offer from one of them? I'm really nervous that the D I got in maths will really hinder me. Thanks!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you have - I replied to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...132&highlight=
Tsruser31415
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a decent chance
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're all doable except the LSE. You've got A-levels already, so I don't see what the big stress is. You either get an unconditional or you don't.
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
I think you have asked before, but under a different name before you were banned...
I have not been banned?? Many people apply for geog
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Yes you have - I replied to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...132&highlight=
Who? I don’t know you
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
They're all doable except the LSE. You've got A-levels already, so I don't see what the big stress is. You either get an unconditional or you don't.
Yes but I’m worried my D in maths will put them off, although I am retaking. I’d love to go to either of lse or ucl
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tsruser31415)
I have a decent chance
Thanks, even for lse?
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
Can someone help with this?
Mykolajiw
Rep:
?
Anyone?
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have not been banned?? Many people apply for geog
You originally posted your question under the username Zaporizhia - an identity now banned from TSR. Why?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
28.06%
1 (40)
15.81%
2 (40)
15.81%
3 (37)
14.62%
4 (17)
6.72%
5 (20)
7.91%