Anemia Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good evening everyone

Quick question: so last week I had my blood test to determine wether or not I have anaemia.
During the test the nurse who was conducting my test told me that if I receive a text from the hospital within 2-3 days regarding my blood test it means I do have anaemia or I am lacking vitamins. However I do not hear anything back then I am fine.

On Monday I received a text from the hospital saying my doctor would like to see me to have a conversation regarding my results. So I phoned the hospital and booked m appointment.
Ever since receiving this text I’ve been feeling so anxious and worried and I hate unrest so if someone who’s either had anaemia blood tests could help me and tell me what they discussed with their doctor or if someone in the medicine profession can help me know what will be discussed during my test update?

Thank you in advance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I had the exact same thing happen to me with regards to the reply of ‘your doctor wants to discuss the results with you’. I stressed about it the whole week and then went to the appointment to be told there was nothing wrong with me and the results came up fine just lacking certain vitamins which don’t really effect you much. Don’t overthink it because your putting yourself through it twice. Anemia can normally be treated with iron tablets anyway and then it’s sorted so I wouldn’t worry.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads