The Student Room Group

16+ oyster card scam/fraud

I got a 16+ card from someone online for another 2 yrs even though I'm a uni student. I felt so bad cause as soon as I got it I regretted it but I couldn't do anything about it. I used it once and then the card stopped working. I also found today that people are starting to get caught so I think I got caught and I'm ******** myself. I don't want a 1k fine... I can't even afford that omg aghsjsks Do you think imma get a fine?? I legit only used it once. Has anyone else that got this card gotten a letter for a fine?:frown:(((

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Why did you buy it from a random person online? Is it an 16+ Oyster Zip?
Reply 3
Original post by Alexty28
Why did you buy it from a random person online? Is it an 16+ Oyster Zip?

Cause ppl were doing it and had no problems and im so dumb... yes its a 16+ oyster zip:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Cause ppl were doing it and had no problems and im so dumb... yes its a 16+ oyster zip:frown:

So the Oyster Card is registered under someone else name?
I got a 16+ card from someone online for another 2 yrs even though I'm a uni student. I felt so bad cause as soon as I got it I regretted it but I couldn't do anything about it. I used it once and then the card stopped working. I also found today that people are starting to get caught so I think I got caught and I'm ******** myself. I don't want a 1k fine... I can't even afford that omg aghsjsks Do you think imma get a fine?? I legit only used it once. Has anyone else that got this card gotten a letter for a fine?:frown:(((

I am in the exact same position as you my 16+ Oyster card stopped working this morning randomly. I just trying to look for answers on why it happens without warning.
Same here!!!! Mine stopped working this morning, kept on going red on all buses.
Did you receive a letter?
im being called for a court case after 6 months of investigation #freeme
Original post by helpmegetA

How did you end up being investigated?
How did you end up going to court after 6 months?
How did u get caught with the 16+ Oyster card? ( was through ticket inspector or your card stopped automatically like for most people?
Did you receive a letter?

(Original post by Anonymous)I am in the exact same position as you my 16+ Oyster card stopped working this morning randomly. I just trying to look for answers on why it happens without warning.
How did you end up being investigated?
How did you end up going to court after 6 months?
How did u get caught with the 16+ Oyster card? ( was through ticket inspector or your card stopped automatically like for most people?

my oyster stopped working like everyone else then after a bit they sent me a letter for the fine which i didnt reply to. then they sent me another letter saying that they are taking me to court for fruad. i hired a soliciter, I am not allowed to discuss the specifics as he is trying to overturn the case.
(Original post by Anonymous)
my oyster stopped working like everyone else then after a bit they sent me a letter for the fine which i didnt reply to. then they sent me another letter saying that they are taking me to court for fruad. i hired a soliciter, I am not allowed to discuss the specifics as he is trying to overturn the case.

Okay that fair enough. I am in the exact same position as most people my Oyster card stopped working last year and 3 to 4 weeks letter they sent me a letter, up to now I didn’t reply to the letter now I know the same fate will happen to me.
what did the letter say? Did they ask you to explain or just ask you to pay a fine?

(Original post by Anonymous)my oyster stopped working like everyone else then after a bit they sent me a letter for the fine which i didnt reply to. then they sent me another letter saying that they are taking me to court for fruad. i hired a soliciter, I am not allowed to discuss the specifics as he is trying to overturn the case.
what did the letter say?

(Original post by Anonymous)(Original post by Anonymous)

Okay that fair enough. I am in the exact same position as most people my Oyster card stopped working last year and 3 to 4 weeks letter they sent me a letter, up to now I didn’t reply to the letter now I know the same fate will happen to me.
Original post by helpmegetA

I don’t understand why u would ignore it atleast try to defend urself and den dat way u might have just got a fine rather den being summoned to court lool
(Original post by Anonymous)

Can they summon you to court without sending you a letter to explain first?
Can they summon you to court without sending you a letter to explain first?

Nope
Hi what happened? really need help and advice. im so scared
hi what happened? please reply im really worried!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending