Exam technique to achieve 8-9 grades Watch

Fellowbibba
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am one of those students who find lots of information easy to learn so I should be getting a 9 when I know 100% of the content, right?

I always lose 5-20% in every single exam because I miss things that I already know out so of course I started to look at the mark schemes. I started only losing 2% in sciences but the problem with that is how will know what will be on the actual mark scheme of the gcse?

Furthermore, my English and history techniques are atrocious. I follow the guidance from the teacher but I always lose 40% of marks every time. I cannot use the mark schemes because they are subjective so while I am there in an exam, I think I have done everything I can to get the highest possible mark but it always ends up being the complete opposite and I end up with 6s for the exams. How can I decrease this percentage because I want to start getting 8s and above?

Thanks for any replies
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
constant exam question practice and try getting feedback on each of them. i'd say generally the mark scheme bands are the same tbh, the questions may be slightly different but they'll ask for similar features of an essay in general eg. to get a band 5.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads