The Student Room Group

Best way to learn/revise physics to get an A or A*

Hi am student resiting year 12 and i am choosing to resit my alevel physics. i had failed my AS physics and got a U. The xam board for physics is AQA.The subject physics uninspires me and demotivates, i do not enjoy subject as i do bot understand the theory/content very well.

My main worry for physics is me failing again this year, my issues are is that i have difficulty understanding alevel physics theory/content, i do not have any knowledge of the basics of physics. Undersanding is a huge problem for me as i don not understand the english vocabularies very well. I want to learn theory/ content. I want learn and understand equations and graphs used and how to construct one. I want resources which allow me to understand phyiscs from the basics.

I do not enjoy the subject, as i do not understand it. I have blamed teachers for my failures in physics, but it was my fault and i want to learn but i sont know how i tries using videos but the videos expect you to have some level of knowledge. I want enjoy this subject like i enjoy maths.

So please somone help me on my request
Hi im in year 13 and honestly i feel the same i had no idea the jump was going to be so big and alevel phsysics is just so hard especially because i dont do maths!! For me i got a tutor to go over things one on one which i really found useful, and literally pastpaper questions!!!
I think in terms of enjoying it i think u need to remind urself why u took it, why you liked it. The reason why i like it even tho its hard is that theres always the real life context of whats going on, it isnt a formula and numbers its things happening in our universe!!
Original post by Diamond12jacob
Hi am student resiting year 12 and i am choosing to resit my alevel physics. i had failed my AS physics and got a U. The xam board for physics is AQA.The subject physics uninspires me and demotivates, i do not enjoy subject as i do bot understand the theory/content very well.

My main worry for physics is me failing again this year, my issues are is that i have difficulty understanding alevel physics theory/content, i do not have any knowledge of the basics of physics. Undersanding is a huge problem for me as i don not understand the english vocabularies very well. I want to learn theory/ content. I want learn and understand equations and graphs used and how to construct one. I want resources which allow me to understand phyiscs from the basics.

I do not enjoy the subject, as i do not understand it. I have blamed teachers for my failures in physics, but it was my fault and i want to learn but i sont know how i tries using videos but the videos expect you to have some level of knowledge. I want enjoy this subject like i enjoy maths.

So please somone help me on my request

[QUOTE="Diamond12jacob;80916556"]Hi am student resiting year 12 and i am choosing to resit my alevel physics. i had failed my AS physics and got a U. The xam board for physics is AQA.The subject physics uninspires me and demotivates, i do not enjoy subject as i do bot understand the theory/content very well.

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest