Why is she not being offered asylum? Watch

Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Asia Bibi is a muslim women from Pakistan who was apparently accused of "disrespecting the Prophet Muhammad"; she wasn't proved to have done anything and what she is being accused of is... laughable. Anyway, the accusations against her and the court deeming her guilty has led to there being protests in Pakistan where protesters effectively want her deader than dead, and the Pakistani government appears to be okay with that. They have refused to allow her to leave the country altogether, and now both her and her family are in hiding less they wish to die at the hands of protesters who demand blood.

Many nations, particularly in the western world have outright refused to offer her asylum despite the fact that she is a legitimate asylum seeker (she isn't looking for benefits or jobs, she ain't looking to exploit an opportunity; her life is literally at risk). Britain is one of these nations, which is weird. I thought these people wanted to bring in all these asylum seekers (most of which are young males of fighting age, but whatever), so why are they refusing to help her?
Xenon009
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I wish I could tell you mate. Probably something to do with International Politics or something, Either way, Its wrong. Of all the people needing asylum its her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed