The Student Room Group

I've never been in a relationship; it hurts so bad.

Man what the Hell. This year has been significant to me when it comes to relationships. This year I've managed to ask two girls out on a date; the first in January, and the second in November. I've finally held a hand. And God that is such a pathetic thing. Both the girls said that they wouldn't date me if their lives depended on it. I've never gotten a Valentine's card, or have been asked on a date, or have ever been taken seriously when I confess my feelings for a person. In fact people take that last part so lightly that I'm not even afraid to say exactly how I feel anymore, but that didn't change anything for me. I've never had a healthy body, I've always either been malnourished or thick as pudding. I have a less than great face, but no one has ever called me an eyesore before. I just don't know what to do you guys. I've never felt this hopeless before, and as I grow older and remain a kissless virgin I feel like my chances for fun love is slipping. All my friends tell me that I'm not suppose to find a relationship so early on in my life, but how then do they all have people that love them? Every single one of them. All my age or younger, and they've all found someone who actually chooses to care about them. What do you think is wrong with me?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing's wrong with you, you just need to engage with people more if love is what you're after. What are you interested in, and how can you meet like minded people?
There is nothing wrong with you, some people just don’t have the patience to see further than the first impressions etc. I can tell just from how open you are about this subject that you’re brave and confident, I’m sure someone will appreciate those qualities in you in the future. You just gotta keep going and you will find someone, let me give you an example.

I was fairly similar to you, by that I mean I was giving up on myself because I was so lonely. As well as feeling lonely I was still trying to come to terms with my sexuality which has gone through a movement from straight -> bi -> gay -> bi -> gay... It’s a fairly common phrase that people who mean the most appear at the most unexpected times; I was going through a period a couple months ago of wanting to study hard and improve my grades to better my chances for sixth form, so I wasn’t even thinking about boys and/or getting a relationship, then out of nowhere this boy in my school (year below) added me, we started talking and now we’ve been going out for almost 2 months. It just comes to show that with Patience and a bit of dismissing your feelings and focusing on something else you will find the one.

You’ll find someone, take my word!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hello_shawn
Nothing's wrong with you, you just need to engage with people more if love is what you're after. What are you interested in, and how can you meet like minded people?

I mean it's not like I don't engage people. I've spoken to just about every person in my school, like there's only 200 or so of us. Everyone knows me because I have a big friend group, which connects me to basically everyone. And no one would even think about being with me. Sorry for advocating the Devil here man.
Reply 4
Original post by will_cottam
There is nothing wrong with you, some people just don’t have the patience to see further than the first impressions etc. I can tell just from how open you are about this subject that you’re brave and confident, I’m sure someone will appreciate those qualities in you in the future. You just gotta keep going and you will find someone, let me give you an example.

I was fairly similar to you, by that I mean I was giving up on myself because I was so lonely. As well as feeling lonely I was still trying to come to terms with my sexuality which has gone through a movement from straight -> bi -> gay -> bi -> gay... It’s a fairly common phrase that people who mean the most appear at the most unexpected times; I was going through a period a couple months ago of wanting to study hard and improve my grades to better my chances for sixth form, so I wasn’t even thinking about boys and/or getting a relationship, then out of nowhere this boy in my school (year below) added me, we started talking and now we’ve been going out for almost 2 months. It just comes to show that with Patience and a bit of dismissing your feelings and focusing on something else you will find the one.

You’ll find someone, take my word!

But I mean, like what I said to hello_shawn, I've met everyone in my school. I'm not brave or confident, I just know nothing I do will change the situation for me, so why fear what may come? I just came here to know what is keeping people away. Like everyones says I'm nice. And everyone says the same as you, that if I wait and don't try I'll find someone. So far that has proven BS. People from home don't go for a looser who doesn't know what he's doing. Sorry.
Original post by TheSauceGod
Man what the Hell. This year has been significant to me when it comes to relationships. This year I've managed to ask two girls out on a date; the first in January, and the second in November. I've finally held a hand. And God that is such a pathetic thing. Both the girls said that they wouldn't date me if their lives depended on it. I've never gotten a Valentine's card, or have been asked on a date, or have ever been taken seriously when I confess my feelings for a person. In fact people take that last part so lightly that I'm not even afraid to say exactly how I feel anymore, but that didn't change anything for me. I've never had a healthy body, I've always either been malnourished or thick as pudding. I have a less than great face, but no one has ever called me an eyesore before. I just don't know what to do you guys. I've never felt this hopeless before, and as I grow older and remain a kissless virgin I feel like my chances for fun love is slipping. All my friends tell me that I'm not suppose to find a relationship so early on in my life, but how then do they all have people that love them? Every single one of them. All my age or younger, and they've all found someone who actually chooses to care about them. What do you think is wrong with me?

Firstly I would like to say is nothing is wrong with you. You will of course fine someone, but let me tell you one thing; don't make it your goal in life to FIND a girl. Life isn't about relationships, life isn't about valentines and going on dates. Find what you love, and do you! Make money, go to the gym and work out, girls are attracted to guys who are invested into their dreams and ambitions. TALK to people, whether that be guys and girls and talk to them with confidence, and if you talk to girls don't talk to them with the intentions that you want to **** them or go out with them. If you keep doing that then you are going to find a girl that likes you and loves you. This sounds rude, but just don't dedicate your life to chasing girls and wanting to go out with them. Focus on your self, get your education, get your knowledge up, get healthy, get ripped, get that money, have ambitions have dreams, girls are all attracted to that. All you friends tell you, you need to find a relationship "early on" in life are just dumb. That's dumb advice, you do things in your own time, do things at your rate, we don't all achieve things at the same time, and that can be for anything whether it be relationships, passng your driving test, getting your degree or getting your first part time job. BETTER yourself.
But I mean, like what I said to hello_shawn, I've met everyone in my school. I'm not brave or confident, I just know nothing I do will change the situation for me, so why fear what may come? I just came here to know what is keeping people away. Like everyones says I'm nice. And everyone says the same as you, that if I wait and don't try I'll find someone. So far that has proven BS. People from home don't go for a looser who doesn't know what he's doing. Sorry.

How old are you/how long have you been waiting?

hi
Maybe it's because they're all school age (16-18) and already thinking about the next stage of their lives not expecting to remain in touch with their to-be-former schoolmates? Wait till prom, maybe you can exchange some numbers with fellow leavers and see how receptive they are :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly I would like to say is nothing is wrong with you. You will of course fine someone, but let me tell you one thing; don't make it your goal in life to FIND a girl. Life isn't about relationships, life isn't about valentines and going on dates. Find what you love, and do you! Make money, go to the gym and work out, girls are attracted to guys who are invested into their dreams and ambitions. TALK to people, whether that be guys and girls and talk to them with confidence, and if you talk to girls don't talk to them with the intentions that you want to **** them or go out with them. If you keep doing that then you are going to find a girl that likes you and loves you. This sounds rude, but just don't dedicate your life to chasing girls and wanting to go out with them. Focus on your self, get your education, get your knowledge up, get healthy, get ripped, get that money, have ambitions have dreams, girls are all attracted to that. All you friends tell you, you need to find a relationship "early on" in life are just dumb. That's dumb advice, you do things in your own time, do things at your rate, we don't all achieve things at the same time, and that can be for anything whether it be relationships, passng your driving test, getting your degree or getting your first part time job. BETTER yourself.

Dude funny story haha. I'm not sure if this site is built purely for British students, but I'm not one of them. I'm from the united states, and here if you wanna learn how to drive legally, I need to have a physical social security card as a form of ID. Mine was burnt while I was an infant, and I've never been able to get one again. Laws in my state prohibit social security from issuing a new card unless you have a state issued ID. Problem is I need a social security card to get an ID to get a new card. So there's RIP driving. And man I hate to have excuses, but I do. I can't afford $60 a month for the gym, and the only job I can get at my age in town is minimum wage. My education is going fine. And I don't make it a top priority to get laid or anything. I've dealt with the pain of being alone my whole life and I'm okay with it. It's just that the two opportunities I got for it ended horribly. I knew both the girls, and I honestly wouldn't have asked them if I wasn't pushed to it by the rest of my friends. Thankfully one of the two still talks to me. But I guess you're right about the whole dreams and hopes thing. But I don't have any, I just want to go with whatever life throws at me cuz I just can't decide for myself.
Maybe it's because they're all school age (16-18) and already thinking about the next stage of their lives not expecting to remain in touch with their to-be-former schoolmates? Wait till prom, maybe you can exchange some numbers with fellow leavers and see how receptive they are :wink:

Babe why don't u go with me
Original post by will_cottam
How old are you/how long have you been waiting?

People in my class at least have been dating since 4th grade, so if I base myself off of that, I've been waiting for nine years. I'm 17 years old.
Original post by princessaaliyah
hi

Hello. How can we help you?
Original post by thesaucegod
hello. How can we help you?

nothing just helpin a friend out

Nah man. I know for a fact that no one going to prom this year will give me a number. Anyone who'll be there will been in my grade and the one below, and I know how all of them feel about me.
nothing just helpin a friend out

Is your friend among us now?
Is your friend among us now?

WHY
why

i don't know. Curious.
i don't know. Curious.

do u have any friends