EPQ Referencing Watch

foreverhalloween
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Currently doing an EPQ with AQA and i’m having trouble with referencing. At the moment I am using superscript numbers (eg ²) and footnotes, but my teacher has told me I should change it to simply placing the name and date next to my sentence (eg Example (2018)). I was just wondering if you are actually allowed to reference via footnotes in your final draft? I can’t seem to find anything about it in the mark scheme my teacher has provided although it is from a few years ago. (I’m also not sure which topic this should have been posted in sorry.)
Tilly M
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I got an A* in my EPQ and I used superscript numbers as my way of referencing but didn’t have footnotes at the bottom of each page but a complete reference list at the end of the whole essay
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
umbrellala
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by foreverhalloween)
Currently doing an EPQ with AQA and i’m having trouble with referencing. At the moment I am using superscript numbers (eg ²) and footnotes, but my teacher has told me I should change it to simply placing the name and date next to my sentence (eg Example (2018)). I was just wondering if you are actually allowed to reference via footnotes in your final draft? I can’t seem to find anything about it in the mark scheme my teacher has provided although it is from a few years ago. (I’m also not sure which topic this should have been posted in sorry.)
Maybe try checking the most up-to-date mark scheme? I did Edexcel and used the superscript and footnotes method which wasn't a problem at all, I'd be very surprised if they specified only one referencing method in the mark scheme. Either should be okay.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Moved to Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)

For my exam board (OCR) we got told (although obviously could not be correct) we had to use (Surname, year) in our write ups. Bit of a pain as I prefer numbers and footnotes/reference lists but didn't seem worth the argument
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?