5 Months for learning higher biology and chemistry Watch

Jen2015
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,
So, basically last year I was supposed to sit higher biology and chemistry but was unable to due to external circumstances. I was predicted an A for biology and a B for chemistry. Within the last few days I've basically decided to give it another go this exam season. However, since I've now left school I would have to re teach it to myself basically. I'm not so worried about this as I basically learnt the whole thing last year, it would just be refreshing my understanding I guess. The issue is that the course changed from last year to this year, this makes it easier for me to do it myself I guess since there is no longer an external component, however the SQA website states:
Biology: Extended question paper, assignment removed (?), removed content, reordered content, more depth added to certain areas.
As far as I can tell, chemistry is basically the same? Does anyone know if they can explain these changes to me (whats been added in, whats been taken out, is there/is there not an external assignment component)? Would the books i still have from last year be okay?
Thanks ))))
Last edited by Jen2015; 1 month ago
tigermangos
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll be honest im not entirely sure it's possible to sit these as an external candidate due to them still having an assignment its true they dont have any unit tests, but you'd need to find a school/college that allows you to do the assignment there. Also in regards to content i can only speak for chemistry but its not really changed that much, just somethings have changed units, cant speak for biology tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise