Did i just seriously **** up? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys,

I need advice because I think I've messed up. Bad. And you guys are always (sometimes brutally) honest with me. This is a saga but I don't ever get into this sort of thing so I need to explain.

So my friend Andy was in a relationship with Betty and had been for a few months. They'd fight all the time, she'd call him abusive for doing stuff like raising his voice when they were arguing They broke up yesterday.

A few months ago, Betty went on a girls holiday to Spain. My friend Caleb (who is going out with one of the girls who went on that holiday) told me that Betty kissed a boy whilst drunk in a club. I didn't tell Andy this as I didn't want to ruin his relationship.

However, yesterday night Andy and I were talking about his problems with the relationship (which I did not want him to go back to as it was toxic) and working them through and he talks about how he was just paranoid about her flirty behaviour and had no proof and maybe they could get back together.

So I told him. He's the kind of guy that likes to know stuff straight up. I did of course tell him that I didn't know for sure and I had heard second hand, but I felt I was obliged to tell him. But he was devastated and so angry.

I'm worried for 2 reasons
1) he's very very sad
2) if he confronts Betty, Caleb will get in trouble with Betty and his GF (I dont rlly care about having a fight with Betty tbh)

TLDR: I literally never get into drama so I'm inexperienced in this whole 'he said, she said' and secrets and gossiping behind others back. I just thought I had a duty to tell him once he was out of his relationship (So I didn't ruin a good thing).

Did I mess up? What would you have done? What should I do from now on?

Thanks guys
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(side note: It might sound immature AF but - believe it or not - we are all adults)
patry27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
No you didn't imo, you told your friend the truth about his ex girlfriend. There wouldn't be any drama if she didn't kiss another guy. Your friend now knows she kissed another guy and it will give him a reason to never go back to her. You did the right thing even if he's hurt.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
That sounds like a story I know but with a girl called Becky :O
Don't be worried, the problem isn't you. It was already ruined and you just "proved" that even more. You told the truth and not a lot of people would do that so you should be proud of yourself
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well you don't want to get your friend Caleb in trouble..... you might give him the heads up. But, it sounds like your friend was in a toxic relationship anyway and even if he didn't know and got back with her they would just end up breaking up again. I don't think there is a winning solution here, sadly.
Let Caleb know what happened and be supportive of your Andy. He's your friend and you were right to be honest with the information you had in this regard. They both need to look for better matches or both mature a bit.
FredMadison
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Who the **** is called Betty?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You did nothing wrong. You've likely just prevented any chance of him ever getting back with someone who lied to and cheated on him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads