hi i have a deadline pls can you say something motivating Watch

Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am burnt out.

And yet I can't be because I have a deadline on monday and another in january and I just don't think I'm going to meet either.

Feeling sad. Feeling bad.

I'm incredibly nauseatingly stressed. The thought of cartridge paper is making me feel sick to the core of my being.

I essentially have three days. I have a hell of a lot of drawings to do and I can't stop crying bc I just don't know how I'll do it.

There's a caliginous atmosphere in my mind and I still cannot visualise anything.

My brain has officially shutdown. I need to draw things which require this once effortless skill. It is horribly affecting my progress.

It's like having an exam and not being able to read the question.

Quite obviously, in order to write you need to read. Therefore you can't write bc you can't read and so you're stuck in this mid-section and even when you put all your willpower into trying to read, the absolute most you can vocalise is a single syllable every 30 seconds.

And it's like that for every single word and there are hundreds of words and you still haven't written your essay bc you've barely read anything to be able to enable you to write and it takes incredible strength and time to keep trying bc it just feels like you're getting nowhere.

I just took a shower and cried about it and my hair is wet and I need to dry it and now I'm sat down and I'm sobbing hard.

My more ebullient attitude I had felt at the beginning of this term has rapidly dissipated.

I am exhausted and defeated and I can't think clearly and I have no energy to keep going.

Hence this thread.

I aim to update as I hopefully complete things.

bingbong654
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anon_98)
hi i'm crying again

so eventually managed to get a bit done yesterday evening

but now i'm finding this really really hard and i can't do it

i'm stuck on this technical drawing and i can't do it + i can't get the two point perspective right and it's just so difficult

i don't even have time to be stuck but i can't figure it out and TEARS

ugh
What are you writing about? Are you at University?
username3889426
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, none of this is gonna help you out. Sorry for my blunt tone, but that's uni. You just have to go through that. I am on masters now. I can write upto 1000 words per day, whole doing all the associated research. My undergrad was genetics, and now on biotech and management. Both at uni of Glasgow.

What I find useful is to break down the words into how many I need to write per hour. I can normally get around 10 hours of work done in a day, so that's a 1000 words. It's not that difficult tbh

I got a 5k essay to submit on Thurs, got a medical interview on wed in kings (Travel is gonna be fun). Had grad job interview last Monday, submitted a PhD application last Wednesday, had a presentation on Friday. So yeah, life is fun.

Stop thinking about how you will never get it done, if all you do is keep stressing about it, then you never will. Just get your head down and get on with it
Last edited by username3889426; 1 year ago
angela_12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you a poet or something? And hope you feel better soon
bingbong654
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So when you say you need to read to do the drawings, it isn't vita, just recomended? Or do you have to do someting in the style of someone else?
Minxel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Deadlines are stressful, they’re like a black cloud hanging over your head and even if you can distract your mind with something else, it always gets drawn back to those deadlines.

This may be an unhelpful post also as the only advice I can offer is to just keep going with it in order to meet the deadlines. Take a break every so often so you don’t feel like you’re drowning in work and keep telling yourself you will get it finished.

With that part in mind, things look worse when you feel down and you feel like you just can not do it. Point blank. But it’s not so. You CAN do it, you got this far. And I’ve managed to pull through loads of times when I felt I couldn’t do something.
Only giving up will ensure you really do not get it done.
Cry, scream, by angry, get your frustration out first and it might be easier to focus.
LsDad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential."
bingbong654
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LsDad)
"Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential."
*with the exception of fools! - Darwin
LsDad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
“Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up, but kept going no matter what”

Go Girl, you can do this....
bingbong654
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just listen to some Alan Watts - that would stop me crying
LsDad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bingbong654)
*with the exception of fools! - Darwin
Bing bong,

LMOL, you are supposed to be helping the girl with some motivational thought, that’s not helping 😂
bingbong654
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LsDad)
Bing bong,

LMOL, you are supposed to be helping the girl with some motivational thought, that’s not helping 😂
Sorry Anon_98, I think you should use your emotions to draw your pictures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%