No GCSE Letter Watch

lexirxe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello friends!

So I’ll preface this by saying I have no idea if I’m in the right place but I figured this forum made the most sense.

I’m currently waiting for my UCAS application to be finalised (my college are on a long one) and I was talking to a fellow student who said I apparently needed proof of the actual letter with my GCSE grades.

I’ve lost the letter that lists all your grades. I DO have a photo of the grades, but it doesn’t have my name or anything listed — you can just kind of see my UCI number at the top (I have no idea what a UCI number is)

Do I need physical proof or would universities accept that? When I applied for college, I just showed them that photo and they said it was fine, but obviously Uni is a whole other kettle of fish.

I also didn’t pick up my certificates from my secondary school so there is a chance they could still be there BUT my GCSEs were in 2016 so I don’t know if they’d still have them (I repeated y12 as I changed courses and my old school got like... absorbed by an academy & changed names and everything so who knows whether they’re still there)

Any advice would be bless, cause I’m sick of turning the house upside down x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lexirxe)
Hello friends!

So I’ll preface this by saying I have no idea if I’m in the right place but I figured this forum made the most sense.

I’m currently waiting for my UCAS application to be finalised (my college are on a long one) and I was talking to a fellow student who said I apparently needed proof of the actual letter with my GCSE grades.

I’ve lost the letter that lists all your grades. I DO have a photo of the grades, but it doesn’t have my name or anything listed — you can just kind of see my UCI number at the top (I have no idea what a UCI number is)

Do I need physical proof or would universities accept that? When I applied for college, I just showed them that photo and they said it was fine, but obviously Uni is a whole other kettle of fish.

I also didn’t pick up my certificates from my secondary school so there is a chance they could still be there BUT my GCSEs were in 2016 so I don’t know if they’d still have them (I repeated y12 as I changed courses and my old school got like... absorbed by an academy & changed names and everything so who knows whether they’re still there)

Hello .

For admission to most universities like ourselves you would need to bring proof of the GCSE's if the university course has a subject specific GCSE requirement. For example our Psychology BSC course requires a minimum Mathematics GCSE grade C (Grade 4), therefore you would need to have proof of this.

Firstly, I would check to see what the GCSE requirements are for the courses you are applying for, as each university might differ. Secondly I would contact the school to see if by some chance they still hold a copy of them. Failing this, you may be able to purchase a copy of the certificate directly from the awarding body e.g. Pearson or AQA.

I hope this helps,

Tom :cool:
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lexirxe)
Hello friends!

Telephone your old school and go back to collect your certificates - they will still have then there. [We've got some from very old ones still stored at my school] You need these as some jobs will require to see the original certificates before they'll give you a job.

Emma1999_
Badges: 11
Report 1 month ago
Does the photo show your ULN at any point ?
You could possibly use the website to find out your ULN ( type that in and you should find several links to find it out make sure its the govt or prospectus) and they have forms to fill in
You will need evidence however they should allow you to access your personal record service and from this you will get access to your grades and also your ULN. You can then give places this number and they can see your record
Failing that ask your college for your ULN or buy a statement of results from the exam board but try not to worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (24)
42.86%
Pro-humanity (32)
57.14%