username4153272
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What can they ask you about for 16 markers for AQA medicine?
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All of the 16 markers are FACTOR questions about a specific era.

E.g. "Religion is the main factor for the development of medicine in Britain in the Medieval Era". How far do you agree with the statement?

The possible factors things such as communication, technology, government and finance, chance, religion, war...
The possible eras can be anything from medieval to after WW2.

The way to answer them is write one paragraph about the factor (e.g. religion was the main factor as monasteries learnt how to used specific herbs, and because the Crusades meant Islamic medical techniques were shared with Britain).
Then write one paragraph about another factor (e.g. chance was also a major factor as barber-surgeons did not have much of a medical technique - any progress they made was an accident, and the same with discoveries such as Paré's (though I can't remember off the top of my head if that's medieval, I doubt it)).
Then write one more paragraph about a third factor (such as war, with the Crusades and battlefields being a prime time to discover and share medical advancements).

Hope this helps and good luck
username4153272
Rep:
?
(Original post by awanderingpixel)
All of the 16 markers are FACTOR questions about a specific era.

E.g. "Religion is the main factor for the development of medicine in Britain in the Medieval Era". How far do you agree with the statement?

The possible factors things such as communication, technology, government and finance, chance, religion, war...
The possible eras can be anything from medieval to after WW2.

The way to answer them is write one paragraph about the factor (e.g. religion was the main factor as monasteries learnt how to used specific herbs, and because the Crusades meant Islamic medical techniques were shared with Britain).
Then write one paragraph about another factor (e.g. chance was also a major factor as barber-surgeons did not have much of a medical technique - any progress they made was an accident, and the same with discoveries such as Paré's (though I can't remember off the top of my head if that's medieval, I doubt it)).
Then write one more paragraph about a third factor (such as war, with the Crusades and battlefields being a prime time to discover and share medical advancements).

Hope this helps and good luck
Thank you so much!!! 😄😄
Are there any other 16 markers apart from the development of medicine like on surgery or not?
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by secret.user)
Thank you so much!!! 😄😄
Are there any other 16 markers apart from the development of medicine like on surgery or not?
As far as I can remember, they can be on more specific topics (such as surgery) but nothing too niche (such as the development of alternative medicine). Check the ones in your textbook, they should have more specific answer.
username4153272
Rep:
?
(Original post by awanderingpixel)
As far as I can remember, they can be on more specific topics (such as surgery) but nothing too niche (such as the development of alternative medicine). Check the ones in your textbook, they should have more specific answer.
Okay, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28.07%
No (287)
71.93%

Watched Threads