The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m2b
Anyone else scared for the test tommorow? 😩
Meeeeeeeeeee 😬 I heard some people missed out questions and still got in so that's a good thing I guess 😅
Original post by a_david29
Meeeeeeeeeee 😬 I heard some people missed out questions and still got in so that's a good thing I guess 😅

I don't know if you'll read this before the exam, but most people don't complete it! Not just some.
Just attempt as many questions as you can to the best of your ability.
Sure, some people do complete it and score very highly - but there is a relatively wide spectrum in terms of ability.

Good luck!
What is this?
Original post by m2b
Anyone else scared for the test tommorow? 😩

:hugs: best of luck! I wouldn’t worry about not completing the paper, they make it so that it’s difficult to complete it all:hugs:
Reply 5
I did so painfully awful😭😭i really wanted to go as well
Ugh I flopped that exam as well, skipped 4 whole questions and only partially answered some of them.. i’m not expecting to get in now
Reply 7
Original post by SomeoneSjsjjs
Ugh I flopped that exam as well, skipped 4 whole questions and only partially answered some of them.. i’m not expecting to get in now

We can only hope and pray

Same here, skipped 4 questions and only partially answered some. But who knows? Maybe everyone did bad 😂

Original post by m2b
We can only hope and pray

Same here, skipped 4 questions and only partially answered some. But who knows? Maybe everyone did bad 😂

Just as a warning, not everyone has sat the entrance exam so you may want to be careful about what you say on here as you could give them an unfair advantage in the admissions process.
Best of luck:smile:
Original post by m2b
I did so painfully awful😭😭i really wanted to go as well

Try not to worry about it. When I did it last year I thought I completely failed it as I didn’t finish it and messed up some questions. I thought I would have no chance of getting in. But now I go to KCLMS. It’s really hard to judge how well you will do as you are not only marked on correct answers but also your working/ the way you think. Good luck to you all. Also as @Toastiekid said make sure you don’t discuss answers as some people haven’t sat the exam yet.
Original post by smurg001
Try not to worry about it. When I did it last year I thought I completely failed it as I didn’t finish it and messed up some questions. I thought I would have no chance of getting in. But now I go to KCLMS. It’s really hard to judge how well you will do as you are not only marked on correct answers but also your working/ the way you think. Good luck to you all. Also as @Toastiekid said make sure you don’t discuss answers as some people haven’t sat the exam yet.

Ahhhh thank you for this motivation 😅 Hopefully we all get in 👍
Ahhhh thank you for this motivation 😅 Hopefully we all get in 👍

Fingers crossed. If you have any other questions about the school, interviews or just alevels in general feel free to ask here or pm me.
Fingers crossed. If you have any other questions about the school, interviews or just alevels in general feel free to ask here or pm me.

Hi, do you know when they ask for a teacher’s reference and can it determine whether you are chosen for interview? I’ve read the website which mentions something about the pre interview score being determined by the admissions test and a ‘widening participation score’ but i’m not sure what it means

Do you know how long it takes for the school to reply to the applicants if they have gotten through to the interviews?
Hi, do you know when they ask for a teacher’s reference and can it determine whether you are chosen for interview? I’ve read the website which mentions something about the pre interview score being determined by the admissions test and a ‘widening participation score’ but i’m not sure what it means

The widening participation score is based on things like ethnicity, gender, and what kind of background you come from. Basically its to make sure that the people that get in are not just people who have had lots of amazing opportunities already, been to private school etc. It is so that less advantaged people have an increased chance of getting in. That is not to say that people who have been very fortunate so far cannot get a place but they do try to ensure that people who haven't already been to amazing schools which have really helped them aren't disadvantaged.

They ask for the teacher's reference at some point between the exam and interview (I think they asked mine for one in either late December or early January). I'm not entirely sure which part of the admissions process considers the reference, but my best guess is that it is used post interview as they say that only the exam score and widening participation score affect interviews. Hope that helps x
Do you know how long it takes for the school to reply to the applicants if they have gotten through to the interviews?

It is generally a week and a half.
Reply 17
Update - they haven’t pursued my application any further. I can’t lie I’m really upset by this as I’m not sure what I want to do in terms of further education, i was really hung up on this skl :frown: It was nice going through the application process tho, and being involved in the taster day, admissions test etc. Wish you all luck :wink:
Original post by m2b
Update - they haven’t pursued my application any further. I can’t lie I’m really upset by this as I’m not sure what I want to do in terms of further education, i was really hung up on this skl :frown: It was nice going through the application process tho, and being involved in the taster day, admissions test etc. Wish you all luck :wink:

I didn't get accepted also but this doesn't really mean the end of our goal you know. But well done to everyone who gets in and Uxbridge is still open to us all :smile: Well done everyone! I hope you all the best in your further education!
Original post by m2b

I didn't get accepted also but this doesn't really mean the end of our goal you know. But well done to everyone who gets in and Uxbridge is still open to us all :smile: Well done everyone! I hope you all the best in your further education!

Sorry to hear that you guys didn’t get in, some people i know who applied didn’t get in either. I’m sure you’ll do well regardless and good luck for everyone. I did get an interview and i was genuinely shocked when I opened the email, I had to have someone with me because I was so nervous lmao. I’m just worried because i’m an extremely awkward person and not sure how to cope with an interview but i guess I’ll see how it goes

Latest

Trending

Trending