Someone_133
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys uni of Portsmouth gave me unconditional,as well and uni of Northampton however Coventry gave me a conditional offer, i'm going to choose Portsmouth for my firm choice which one should i choose for my insurance in case i change my mind about Portsmouth. what is the best uni?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Someone_133)
Hi guys uni of Portsmouth gave me unconditional,as well and uni of Northampton however Coventry gave me a conditional offer, i'm going to choose Portsmouth for my firm choice which one should i choose for my insurance in case i change my mind about Portsmouth. what is the best uni?
If you firm an unconditional, you can't put an insurance. Once you firm it, you commit to going there - there's no easy way to change your mind.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
once you accept an unconditional you dont have an insurance. You would be committed to Portsmouth and stuck with it. If you decided to change your mind you would have to ask Portsmouth to release you and apply elsewhere through extra and clearing. This is the danger of accepting an unconditional offer. You should leave your decision as late as possible around April to make certain you are making the correct decision. In the meantime attend visit or applicant days. There is no best university. The best university is the one that you prefer.
Someone_133
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
once you accept an unconditional you dont have an insurance. You would be committed to Portsmouth and stuck with it. If you decided to change your mind you would have to ask Portsmouth to release you and apply elsewhere through extra and clearing. This is the danger of accepting an unconditional offer. You should leave your decision as late as possible around April to make certain you are making the correct decision. In the meantime attend visit or applicant days. There is no best university. The best university is the one that you prefer.
portsmouth updated on UCAS as a conditional offer but, they sent me a private email saying that if i make them my firm choice they will change it to unconditional, also do you know when i can start applying for accomodation?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
portsmouth updated on UCAS as a conditional offer but, they sent me a private email saying that if i make them my firm choice they will change it to unconditional, also do you know when i can start applying for accomodation?
it varies usually around April. Dont firm anything until you are certain and leave it as late as possible
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Google it - the university will say somewhere on its website.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you most prefer the course at Portsmouth (ignoring the unconditional aspects for the moment)? Do you have other decisions still to come?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.74%
I'm not sure (53)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (339)
29.4%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (557)
48.31%

Watched Threads