Romeo and Juliet quote help

Watch this thread
username4358788
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, need help!
Just wanted to ask what is meant by this quote:

"It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon"

Anything'll help,
thnx.
username4064618
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Juliet is the light in Romeo's life 'kill the envious moon.' You could say that the 'moon' represents Rosaline - or other girls in Verona. Therefore, scientifically, you could argue that the moon is envious as the sun has a stronger gravitational bond to Earth itself. The love between Romeo and Juliet is stronger that Romeo and Rosaline.
It also juxtaposes Juliets description of romeo 'Come, gentle night; come, loving, black-browed night;Give me my Romeo; and, when I shall die,Take him and cut him out in little stars,And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night...' Could argue the differences of the Montagues and Capulets
nabilahhh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’ve done the gcse exam for Romeo and Juliet and it’s acc not that hard. You can chat the most but be sure to give it evidence
username4358788
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by nabilahhh)
I’ve done the gcse exam for Romeo and Juliet and it’s acc not that hard. You can chat the most but be sure to give it evidence
Thnx!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (73)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (146)
37.92%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.57%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.55%

Watched Threads