The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Is it worth staying in the Halls for a second year student?

Has anyone got any experiences in the halls as a 2nd year? Will it be mostly 1st years?
Original post by ssherlockhemlock
Has anyone got any experiences in the halls as a 2nd year? Will it be mostly 1st years?

It depends. From my experience, university-owned halls usually have first years as the majority, while private halls are incredibly mixed in terms of years and undergraduate/postgraduate.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Hi there. I am currently a second year and I am staying in one of the townhouses up at St Mary's. The townhouses are only available for second year students onwards ie second year, third year, fourth year (undergraduate) and I believe there are dedicated postgraduate townhouses. There are also other returner halls/allocations so that you will not share a flat with first year students.
we're looking for a 4th person for seion chapel apartment 2!! if you're looking for accommodation other than halls but with the same luxuries! (well, more)
Clean, well -maintained, well -decorated house for 6, great location near Asda/ cathedral available end July . Tel 07805376521
Original post by ssherlockhemlock

have experience (different uni) and it is a bad move as workload becomes more intensive, you have to deal with tonnes of fire alarms, drunken/drugged up idiots. 1st 2 years was in halls were a pain in the ass. 2nd 2 years at uni in private accomodation...and I had no complaints (minus my neighbours flat being raided around exam time - despite being unoccupied for 5 months- and police delaying me by half an hour for an exam + the lifts not working for the 1st half of my final year (a pain in you live in a 10th floor apartment)).

private was better value for money, in terms of space ,amenities, furniture and views AND worked out cheaper in my case BUT you do have to do research and view properties when your free about 2-3 months before you start your 2nd year.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest