The Student Room Group

Will interviewers ask "Why this college?"?

I made an open application as I was not told by anyone how to choose one. Will the interviewer ask me why I picked this college? Will I be disadvantaged if I say I made an open application? Should I make it up?
Don’t know why people worry about this question, I don’t think it is ever asked nowadays. No doubt the interviewer will just jump straight in to your subject. Good luck.
They won't ask why you chose the college because many people make open applications and a lot will have interviews at a college they didn't choose. It also has nothing to do with your academic ability so doesn't help them when choosing someone.
Reply 3
I got asked why LMH on Thursday, if that helps.
Original post by nega166

Really? How was the rest of the interview though?
Reply 5
Original post by Hugh's Swan
Really? How was the rest of the interview though?

It was ok, it was based on some pre-reading of a court case (Law) and there was also 1 question on my personal statement (what's your favourite topic in X A Level subject). I felt that them asking me "why LMH" was more of a friendly question and just to ease me into the interview; I highly doubt it had any relevance to the outcome of my application but I could be wrong
Original post by throwaway4508760
I made an open application as I was not told by anyone how to choose one. Will the interviewer ask me why I picked this college? Will I be disadvantaged if I say I made an open application? Should I make it up?

It isn’t asked, but even if it is you can just say you made an open application. You will not be disadvantaged in any way.
Reply 7
Original post by nega166

You shouldn't have been. :naughty:

Quick Reply

Latest