University of Melbourne Watch

vitabrevis99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Okay. I was offered a place in the University of Melbourne. Yet, I completely forgot to accept the offer and it is already 1 month since the deadline. For some reason, I still managed to receive a full scholarship from that university, which I'm pretty sure I have accepted in time.

Is there any of you have gone similar sort of mess? I really wonder if I can negotiate with them now to get my offer back now. Thanks.

Ps: I sent them emails already, but I just cannot stand waiting for the replies. My anxiety is killing me.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by vitabrevis99)
Okay. I was offered a place in the University of Melbourne. Yet, I completely forgot to accept the offer and it is already 1 month since the deadline. For some reason, I still managed to receive a full scholarship from that university, which I'm pretty sure I have accepted in time.

Is there any of you have gone similar sort of mess? I really wonder if I can negotiate with them now to get my offer back now. Thanks.

Ps: I sent them emails already, but I just cannot stand waiting for the replies. My anxiety is killing me.
This has been moved to studying in Australia, you may get more of a reply here.
Sky.high
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am applying for Melbourne and hoping for a scholarship too. The problem is that my application is not sent yet as I have been experiencing systemic error...
I am worried that being so late may hinder my chance for a scholarship... and that I may not get sufficient funding for oversea studies.

May I ask the grade which got you the full scholarship? I would like evaluate my chance with it.
Hope you are doing well and your offer is safe!
vitabrevis99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sky.high)
I am applying for Melbourne and hoping for a scholarship too. The problem is that my application is not sent yet as I have been experiencing systemic error...
I am worried that being so late may hinder my chance for a scholarship... and that I may not get sufficient funding for oversea studies.

May I ask the grade which got you the full scholarship? I would like evaluate my chance with it.
Hope you are doing well and your offer is safe!
Here is the detail of the scholarship I received. https://scholarships.unimelb.edu.au/...te-scholarship
I got 45 in IB, which I think is what got me the scholarship.
Sky.high
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vitabrevis99)
Here is the detail of the scholarship I received. https://scholarships.unimelb.edu.au/...te-scholarship
I got 45 in IB, which I think is what got me the scholarship.
This is very helpful, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.76%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.97%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.75%

Watched Threads