The Student Room Group

I'm a Satanist. AMA

(Not the Sacrificing Baby's sort I'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint!)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Umm, what type of satanist are you?

Are you afraid of what people might think of you as they're ill-informed?

Are some of the precepts/rules/guidelines pretty intense for some people? Like destroying people if they're constantly annoying?

There are some pretty nice parts in satanism, better than other religions.

Sorry for the bombardment, just interested!
Do you prefer roast potatoes or mashed?
Wym
Reply 4
Original post by Axiomasher
Do you prefer roast potatoes or mashed?

Mashed Potato, In a heartbeat. How is this even a question!
What is your opinion of Anton LaVey, author of The Satanic Bible and founder of The Church of Satan in California?
noted...
Reply 7
Say what? :eek:

Do you do anything to show that you are a Satanist?
Reply 8
Original post by Obolinda
Hi! Umm, what type of satanist are you?

Are you afraid of what people might think of you as they're ill-informed?

Are some of the precepts/rules/guidelines pretty intense for some people? Like destroying people if they're constantly annoying?

There are some pretty nice parts in satanism, better than other religions.

Sorry for the bombardment, just interested!

Don't worry about the bombardment, Its nice to see people interested!

I'm a Laveyan Satanist, And Absolutely I worry about what people might think of me if they aren't well informed (Which lets be honest, I can understand why) It's the reason I normally Just say I'm agnostic to avoid the funny looks you get when you say "Oh btw I'm a satanist"

As for
"If A guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and Without mercy"

"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him"

They are quite extreme, But I highly doubt anyone interprets them litterally, I personally see it as the Church having a good sense of humour.
Original post by Xenon009

They are quite extreme, But I highly doubt anyone interprets them litterally, I personally see it as the Church having a good sense of humour.

lol, haha
Reply 10
Original post by I'm God
Say what? :eek:

Do you do anything to show that you are a Satanist?

Yes, But probably not in the way your thinking.

I own a copy of the satanic Bible, And try at least to live by the 11 satanic rules of the earth (Although not litterally, I don't destroy annoying people, although I wish I could.) But I don't go around in Robes sacrificing Virgins. (Sacrificing virgins is quite unpopular)
Reply 11
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss
Yes, But probably not in the way your thinking.

I own a copy of the satanic Bible, And try at least to live by the 11 satanic rules of the earth (Although not litterally, I don't destroy annoying people, although I wish I could.) But I don't go around in Robes sacrificing Virgins. (Sacrificing virgins is quite unpopular)

I haven't read the Bible or Satanic Bible, so I don't know what the rules and things are, but I appreciate that you are not destroying things and killing people :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by londonmyst
What is your opinion of Anton LaVey, author of The Satanic Bible and founder of The Church of Satan in California?

I think a lot of people could learn from him, Many people are quick to ignore him after reading that he founded the church of satan, But In my opinion (And I might be slightly biased) he had some really good ideas, Especially at a time when Strict adherence to christianity was the norm.
You could have said you are edgy, I hope you grow out of this phase
Reply 15
Original post by I'm God
I haven't read the Bible or Satanic Bible, so I don't know what the rules and things are, but I appreciate that you are not destroying things and killing people :smile:

If your interested, the rules are (In short form)
Don't give your opinion unless it is wanted. (Aka Don't jump down people's throats)
When in anothers home, Treat them with respect.
If a guest in your home is disrespectful, Treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Don't make unwanted advances
Don't take stuff from other people (Unless they want to be rid of it ofc)
Acknowledge the powers of magic if it has worked for you (Which I chose to interpret as "When you get lucky, Appreciate it")
Don't complain about things that you can change.
Don't harm Kids or animals (Unless it is self defence or they are for your food)
and finally, Don't bother people in the street. If someone bothers you in the street, Destroy him.
Reply 16
Original post by AperfectBalance
You could have said you are edgy, I hope you grow out of this phase

I knew that was coming. Believe it or not this isn't me being an edgelord, It's just a good, Fairly well humored way to live your life.
If your interested, the rules are (In short form)
Don't give your opinion unless it is wanted. (Aka Don't jump down people's throats)
When in anothers home, Treat them with respect.
If a guest in your home is disrespectful, Treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Don't make unwanted advances
Don't take stuff from other people (Unless they want to be rid of it ofc)
Acknowledge the powers of magic if it has worked for you (Which I chose to interpret as "When you get lucky, Appreciate it":wink:
Don't complain about things that you can change.
Don't harm Kids or animals (Unless it is self defence or they are for your food)
and finally, Don't bother people in the street. If someone bothers you in the street, Destroy him.

It sounds like you should do good things until someone does something bad to you?
Reply 18
Original post by I'm God
It sounds like you should do good things until someone does something bad to you?

Exactly. There's no point wasting kindness on ********s
Are you a fan of Hard Rock Music?

Quick Reply

Latest