Help gcses are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch

Sports10
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
i am planning to start revising from now to gcse
in order to achieve top grades and
am i too late in starting prep for gcse? as theres 22.5 weeks and 160 days until my first exam which is distressing
fio.rella.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
honey wait for the ****show that is A levels
Sooty1947
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Just revise, do what you can blah blah balanced
Sports10
Rep:
?
(Original post by fio.rella.)
honey wait for the ****show that is A levels
i will wait but how should i go about revision fro here - and at least in a levels ill do good subjects like phys and maths and econ and chem not silly biology or PRE LOL
Sports10
Rep:
?
AM I LATE ? when did u lot start revising
intresting12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I haven't started my revision either and aim to start next week. It will be less stressful if you come up with a clear plan as soon as possible.
Sports10
Rep:
?
(Original post by intresting12)
I haven't started my revision either and aim to start next week. It will be less stressful if you come up with a clear plan as soon as possible.
is there enough time for 9 grades???
AbdulMZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
OMG, I'm in year 12 and I started revising a month before my GCSE exams started lol.

But what I did was wrong, it's good that you've started now.

Revising for each subject is different because each subject has its own style.

But generally, just learn and revise all the content for each subject thoroughly ASAP so that you can get straight to practice questions because the practice questions are where you improve.
AbdulMZ
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sports10)
Trust me I did 12 GCSEs you will be absolutely fineee.

Just don't worry and start revising now with a clear head.
Sports10
Rep:
?
(Original post by AbdulMZ)
Trust me I did 12 GCSEs you will be absolutely fineee.

Just don't worry and start revising now with a clear head.
thats a relief so how should i structure my 160 day revision pan??? as ive done no revision as of yet and am worried
jtkai
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did bits here and there but started properly in March/April. There’s no time limit for 9s. I was finishing my physics revision the morning I took the exam and it worked out fine. Definitely wouldn’t recommend leaving it quite that late but there’s no need to stress, the more you do now the less there will be to do later, but it’s not like if you don’t start now you’ll fail all your exams!
Sports10
Rep:
?
(Original post by jtkai)
I did bits here and there but started properly in March/April. There’s no time limit for 9s. I was finishing my physics revision the morning I took the exam and it worked out fine. Definitely wouldn’t recommend leaving it quite that late but there’s no need to stress, the more you do now the less there will be to do later, but it’s not like if you don’t start now you’ll fail all your exams!
so im leaving it very late your saying or did you leave it late im confused
intresting12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It can't be that hard you have to have hope in yourself! I'm hoping to start revision soon and I'm aiming for grade 9s also. Start off by writing everything that needs to be done and how you're going to do it and then make a realistic revision timetable with at least one day off and try to stick to it.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm also in year 11 and yes gcse's are stressful. I am starting extensive revision from now as I am aiming for 7's and 8's. GOOD LUCK...JUST WORK HARD AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL DO WELL! DON'T STRESS...ITS NOT WORTH IT!!
AbdulMZ
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
160 days is approximately 5 and a half months. I would say revise everything you have done so far for each subject in 3 or 3 and 1/2 months. Use the specification for each subject when you are revising especially for science as they outline exactly what you need to know for the exams. Get the spec from the subjects' exam board's website.

Use the rest of the time practising and practising and practising and practising and practising. Don't stop. For subjects like English, do loads and loads of questions and then give the essays to your teacher and ask them to mark it. This way you can improve using their feedback. Do all of the past papers and all of the questions you can find online and from your school's resources.
Sports10
Rep:
?
is this good advice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFTLhfwwwtk
AbdulMZ
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Trust me do not stress. You have nothing to be nervous about. Trust me doing the work now rather than later is so much better because by the time your exams approach, you will be ready but other will start panicking because they have barely done any revision.

Anyway, teachers make GCSEs sound like the end of the world but trust me it's easier than you think. If you start your revision to the best of your ability now, I can guarantee you will get all 9s 8s and 7s.
jtkai
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
so im leaving it very late your saying or did you leave it late im confused
I left it very late, you’ve still got plenty of time. I don’t know anyone who was seriously revising around this time in the year. That doesn’t mean it’s bad to start now, but this isn’t starting late at all and you’ll be fine to get 9s if you revise effectively enough
retardedstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Mate legit don’t worry I was buying chemistry textbook two hours before the exams and then returning it, and I still got a B for it
So there’s not that much to stress about
Sports10
Rep:
?
(Original post by retardedstudent)
Mate legit don’t worry I was buying chemistry textbook two hours before the exams and then returning it, and I still got a B for it
So there’s not that much to stress about
everyone says this man but im not the same type of guy as u - id feel bad if i left revision later than eoy 2018
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads