The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What kind of things would increase my chances of getting into Imperial?

Hey, I'm currently in year 12 right now and looking at universities and really like the course for computing at Imperial. I study Maths, Physics and Computing, however, I already feel I am at a disadvantage as it says they would "prefer" you to have taken Further Maths which I do not study (my school offers further maths but I didn't take it). So I would just like some advice on what more I could do to improve my chances of getting into Imperial.
Original post by FastCar
Hey, I'm currently in year 12 right now and looking at universities and really like the course for computing at Imperial. I study Maths, Physics and Computing, however, I already feel I am at a disadvantage as it says they would "prefer" you to have taken Further Maths which I do not study (my school offers further maths but I didn't take it). So I would just like some advice on what more I could do to improve my chances of getting into Imperial.

Gee....i dunno take further maths? You already spelt it out and that seems to be the only thing weighing on your mind

Or better still go to the open day for Imperial and talk to an admissions tutor, maybe write them a email or call them up.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Yes, join the Imperial Legion! We shall send those Stormcloaks back to the gates of Oblivion!
Reply 3
Original post by Trapmoneybenny
Gee....i dunno take further maths? You already spelt it out and that seems to be the only thing weighing on your mind

Or better still go to the open day for Imperial and talk to an admissions tutor, maybe write them a email or call them up.

Sadly my school doesn't allow me to change my subjects now, but thanks for the advice. I'll try to talk to an admissions tutor about it.
Reply 4
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Yes, join the Imperial Legion! We shall send those Stormcloaks back to the gates of Oblivion!

Ah, sorry I should've made it clearer, I was talking about Imperial College London :smile:
Original post by FastCar
Ah, sorry I should've made it clearer, I was talking about Imperial College London :smile:

Haha I know, I was just messing around :tongue:
Original post by FastCar

learn about the further maths topics that would've been useful for the course and write about them in your PS
Reply 7
Original post by isiaiah d
learn about the further maths topics that would've been useful for the course and write about them in your PS

Ah yeah, that's a great idea, thanks! I will make sure to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending