Little Robin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Am I extremely late to starting a GYG blog? Maybe. Is that because college has been kicking my butt? Most definitely.

Hello!
My name is Eva and I'm a year 1, Level 3 Animal Management student! EDAM (Extended Diploma in Animal Management) students seem so rare on this site and information is so thin on the ground, so they thought was that others considering AM might be interested in this blog. Even if you're not interested in animals I hope you still enjoy this blog!

Now for some more information about my course:

Year 1 Subjects:
Spoiler:
Show

~ Biological Systems of Animals
~ Animal Health and Husbandry
~ Animal Welfare and Breeding
~ Animal Behaviour and Communication
~ Animal Training
~ Practical Handling Skills
~ Work Related Experience

I'm also taking 2 other qualifications:
~ Sustainability in Practice Certificate
~ T-Levels

At the end of my course I should come out with:
Spoiler:
Show

~ Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management (It's a mouthful)
~ 650 hours of work experience (T-levels and course requirements)
~ Sustainability in Practice Certificate
~ T - Levels ( This has been given a different name for the minute as my college is one of the first to offer this qualification... I can't actually remember the current name.)
~ A-Level Biology

Future Plans:
Spoiler:
Show

To stay at my college to complete a Degree in Veterinary Nursing

So, to conclude, I hope you'll enjoy reading about the amazing
experiences as well as the stress as I go through the first year of my amazing course!

P.S. To those interested I do have quite a few pets of my own:
Spoiler:
Show

~ Dog - ♀ - Staffy - Ruby
~ 2 Cats - ♀&♂ - Dixie and George
~ Parrot - ♀ - African Grey - Charlie
~ Hedgehog - ♀ - African Pygmy - Tansy
~ 2 Tortoises - ♀&♂ - Mediterranean Spur-thighed tortoises - Shelley and Bertie
~ Aviary Birds - Zebra and Java Finches, Diamond Doves
Last edited by Little Robin; 1 year ago
Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ooh can't wait to hear about what you get up to:yep:
i love tortoises so much:gah: i went to a tortoise sanctuary a year or so ago and have been weirdly obsessed ever since:yes:
best of luck:hugs:
Little Robin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
ooh can't wait to hear about what you get up to:yep:
i love tortoises so much:gah: i went to a tortoise sanctuary a year or so ago and have been weirdly obsessed ever since:yes:
best of luck:hugs:
Aww thank you! I love tortoises too, they're lovely little creatures aren't they?
Little Robin
Rep:
?
9th December 2018

Today was... fun? Freezing is a better word to describe it. Today, I've been at my work experience placement. For those of you who are wondering, I do my work experience at a farm park. On Tuesdays I reside mostly in their pet shop and pet hotel; on Sundays I work around the yard doing various jobs both animal and customer related. I didn't really do anything new which made it pretty boring. I don't think I would get so frustrated with being there if I got paid and it wasn't the only reason I can't get a job but OH WELL. :grumble:

So tomorrow I will be having my first closed-book Biological Systems test and I am NOT looking forward to it. I feel like I know nothing. :confused: But when do students not feel like that? So to prepare myself, tonight I will be studying from my Quizlet (Carter3111 if you're wondering) and breaking them up with cleaning because my room is a mess since I never have time to clean. I'm only going to do 10 mintues of studying each time because if I do any longer than that my brain will switch off. Does anyone else have that problem? :curious:

Hopefully, I can get everything done today but I will also have time tomorrow morning if need be. Anyway, I should probably start on that instead of writing this! Ah procrastination at its finest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads