The Student Room Group

Help! Massive crush on boss

Hi,

Advice please! I have been offered an amazing job, but the issue I have is that I have a massive crush on one of the bosses..

My career is very important to me and the job is such a good opportunity. I feel like it’s very apparent because I’ve struggled to speak to him and I’ve been visibly nervous and was even shaking! I need to be able to speak to him without crumbling like this!

I admire him a lot professionally but he’s also super hot! I know I need to get a grip though, if he realises -or other people do- it would have a negative affect on my reputation and career!

I cannot turn down an amazing opportunity, so pleaseee help me figure out how to control this!

Thanks
Reply 1
I feel like others who've been through something like this could probably give better advice, but what I would try to do is think about it logically. It's most likely not gonna lead anywhere even if you did manage to get with him because he's your boss, so nip it in the bud.

And as bad as it sounds, try your best to look at his flaws and the things about him that turn you off. When you have a crush you can tend to look at them through rose coloured glasses, and that's why sometimes you look back on your past crushes thinking 'ew', so try to get rid of those glasses.

Also, keep reminding yourself about what more important; a crush or your career?

I honestly cannot help much more cause I don't have much experience with this, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending